F-86 Sabre, Indian Air Force **FIISHED** pics pg. 5

Started by TheChronicOne, June 13, 2020, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

This also gives room for other Indian "beauties", like C2113 (in war game markings):

Should look cool on an F-86, too!  ;D

TheChronicOne

Hell yeah!     Thanks everyone......     the Indians really know how to make some interesting stuff. Even their airliners are above board with the little things they painted on each individual window, pointing to the heavens.

Here's the funny thing.... I was going to stop in at the Pakistani restaurant and grab a meal to celebrate.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 10, 2020, 11:09:54 AM

Here's the funny thing.... I was going to stop in at the Pakistani restaurant and grab a meal to celebrate.  :wacko:

Don't tell them you just built a model of an INDIAN aeroplane, you'll get shot!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

That turned out nice!  :thumbsup:
Now do more Sabre in other Indian Fishbed camos. There should be enough interesting variations to last you a while.  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 10, 2020, 11:41:02 AM

Don't tell them you just built a model of an INDIAN aeroplane, you'll get shot!  :o

lol   I swear, there are times I'm surprised they aren't in an all out shooting war with one another; they seem to can't stand each other. I do like their little border crossing ceremony they do with each other.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 10, 2020, 02:57:37 PM
That turned out nice!  :thumbsup:
Now do more Sabre in other Indian Fishbed camos. There should be enough interesting variations to last you a while.  ;D

It's possible no two were painted exactly alike. Ha!!!    Thank you... I'm a bit surprised it turned out alright. I wasn't expecting much but after I unmasked the canopy, I was like, "Hey, this ain't too bad after all!" 
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

Heh - on another forum a long time ago, somebody started a thread asking something like:

"If you could be a warrior in the war of your choice with the weapon of your choice, who would you be and what weapon would you choose?"

A generally good-humoured Pakistani chap called Khan replied that he wanted to be a Sabre pilot in the 1965 war so he could defend his country against those evil Indians. Just to rib him, I replied:

"Can I have a Gnat so I can shoot down Khan's Sabre please?"

Bloody hell, the ensuing meltdown was epic. I got DAYS of huge, fierce DMs from him arguing every single point of any account of the war except his, complete with links to more Pakistan-version 'history' sites that you could possibly imagine existed. Turned out Khan's dad was a colonel in the PAF and the only reason he hadn't signed up for pilot training was that his eyesight wasn't good enough....oops.... :-X ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

buzzbomb

Very nice job.

I have an Indian EE Lightning I did in a very similar scheme.

TheChronicOne

Thank you!!!  Hey, if not too much trouble, feel free to post pics of that. I'd like to see it....   :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 10, 2020, 04:45:53 PM

lol   I swear, there are times I'm surprised they aren't in an all out shooting war with one another; they seem to can't stand each other. I do like their little border crossing ceremony they do with each other.  ;D

Religion.  It's got a lot to answer for.  We're better off without it.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

So that's it, huh? Sure enough, that'll put people at odds with one another. It's too bad they can't get along. I guess that goes for a lot of people/nations, though. They're both nuclear, too, right? I know India has them.... 
-Sprues McDuck-

buzzbomb

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 10, 2020, 11:37:32 PM
Thank you!!!  Hey, if not too much trouble, feel free to post pics of that. I'd like to see it....   :mellow: :mellow:

Thanks for the interest. The scheme you have is sort of the same as the actual RW Mig-21 used by India, which is what I based the Lightning on

Indian Aircraft are a great subject as it can be so wide open as in the the Real world their aircraft purchases were so diverse. Did a Buccaneer in Indian markings as well

Glenn Gilbertson

Great looking Sabre, especially starting from such a basic kit. Very believable - well done! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 11, 2020, 12:35:16 PM
They're both nuclear, too, right? I know India has them....

Yup. Their animosity goes a little deeper than just religion, history that stretches back to Alexander, but it's a reason the masses can "understand". Sad whatever the reason.

Lightnings tasty  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

comrade harps

Very nice and l can see how that camo would be effective. Inspirational.  :thumbsup:

Maybe l should do an Indian Super Sabre like that!
Whatever.