AA missiles

Started by ysi_maniac, June 14, 2020, 08:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Lets begin with a random idea I got yesterday while playing with spare parts box.

Please click on image ^^^^

This is probably an idea for tophe to play with. :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

Getting 'Image Unavailable' here.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on June 15, 2020, 01:19:18 AM

Me too, but if you click on the PB icon it opens up.

A twin boomed Sidewinder?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

There are three there Kit, a bit like a backwards Fireflash

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Ah yes, a long range 'winder then?

The middle one's motor doesn't fire until it's been boosted by the outer pair, and then gets after the target a lot quicker too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 15, 2020, 04:59:19 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 15, 2020, 01:19:18 AM

Me too, but if you click on the PB icon it opens up.

A twin boomed Sidewinder?  :o

Cheers Kit. :thumbsup:

A sidewinder with a pair of boosters should work. The boosters don't need the nose fins, and probably don't need the inner tail fins either.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

tahsin

Just to have it fixed if there any issues... l get imagine unavailable and "There are problems in regards to security certificate of this site." and just a black screen with no image. Didn't two stage Sidewinders just got a second stage after the regular missile?

PR19_Kit

If two is good, three are LOTS better.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Here's Ysi's pic for those who are struggling to see it:

- Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

Thanks Weaver!

Is there any easy and reliable site to house images ?????
Will die without understanding this world.

PR19_Kit

Give ImageShack a try, I've never had any problems with them, and it's free if you don't post too many pics for a try-out.

Regards
Kit

tahsin

Thanks for the pictures. l have actually 5 images on lmageshack which filled the trial quota but as l can always see PR19_Kit's pictures it definitely works. Will also agree with Weaver that the booster forward wings are unnecessary and probably a danger. Would also suggest they should be hanging vertically on a pylon. Am assuming the assembly is meant for any Sidewinder which then leads one to think that it would keep its standart attachment points. Placed inside one "hull" of the boosters which then connects to the other one with iron bars and similar at their rear fin locations. So, it would be pylon, booster one, missile, booster two.

Weaver

Quote from: ysi_maniac on June 16, 2020, 08:08:33 PM
Thanks Weaver!

I use Flickr mostly (1000 free images).

For one-offs like this though, I post them to Twitter and link to there.

- Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: ysi_maniac on June 16, 2020, 08:08:33 PM
Thanks Weaver!

I use Imgur.  No limits on number of images (that I've hit yet, though); max file size around 20MB
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

tahsin

For members of SPF, currently at the first page of Secret missiles, bombs and gun projects subforum, the thread about South Africa, page 2, post #50. Real life project, has fins only on the main missile while boosters are not full missile length.