Handley Page HP.80N Victomic - Finished Pics Page 19.

Started by zenrat, June 27, 2020, 06:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

If he can wrestle a Mach Poo Martin Seamaster together, I think the Victor shouldn't be that hard...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 30, 2020, 04:39:19 AM

If he can wrestle a Mach Poo Martin Seamaster together, I think the Victor shouldn't be that hard...

;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, they're about in the same ball park with regards to bloody-mindedness when it came to assembling them.

I've actually got a new Airfix Victor, the one carrying a Blue Steel, already, but I haven't even opened the box yet.  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Actually, why not just go back to the Villiers Vindicator?  Then you'd still be in with the V bomber posse yet doing your own thing?

Now, I have opened the new Airfix Victor and whilst it has the same split wing, at least Airfix have the common sense to add a dirty great spar to assist.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 30, 2020, 05:13:12 AM

Actually, why not just go back to the Villiers Vindicator?  Then you'd still be in with the V bomber posse yet doing your own thing?

I had thought of that, yes, but the nose is on wonky and will need sawing off and re-gluing after mucho filing, but it'll get done eventually.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

One wing has reached the stage where I felt was time to glue the outer and inner parts.  So I did.

I also removed the cable tie from around the canopy and nothing bad happened (not yet anyway).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2020, 05:36:44 AM

I also removed the cable tie from around the canopy and nothing bad happened (not yet anyway).

I really do hope you were touching all the wood possible whilst typing that.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 01, 2020, 06:24:19 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2020, 05:36:44 AM

I really do hope you were touching all the wood possible whilst typing that.

That's a bit of a personal question.   :o

With regards to the canopy I will be following Lee's lead and sanding the f**k out of it before polishing it back to clarity.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

I painted the first (of I suspect many) coat(s) of white in the intakes.  While only one wing is more of less finished both intakes are sanded so I painted both of them.

I then lost interest and put it to one side.

Fred

sideshowbob9

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2020, 04:28:32 AM
I then lost interest and put it to one side.

The story of my life!

zenrat

Oh it's only a temporary loss of interest.  I didn't have much time this morning before work and painting camo on a MiG and a Lavochkin was more attractive.
Fred

The Wooksta!

The Matchbox Victor tends to do something to the mojo, making other things seem more attractive - it made me think about a Mach Poo Vickers Valiant being a more attractive proposition to build.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

sideshowbob9

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2020, 05:01:22 AM
Oh it's only a temporary loss of interest.  I didn't have much time this morning before work and painting camo on a MiG and a Lavochkin was more attractive.

As the biggest fan of Lavochkins this side of the Missip...Missipipi ....Delaware, ooo, ooo, what be this?

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 03, 2020, 05:08:34 AM
The Matchbox Victor tends to do something to the mojo, making other things seem more attractive - it made me think about a Mach Poo Vickers Valiant being a more attractive proposition to build.

It does tend to suck the joy out of modelling.  But it's bearable in small portions.  More white paint in the intakes today, plus a touch of PSR on the more complete wing, sanding off raised detail and replacing the connecting tab on the other wing, and more PSR on the tail.  The tail has been a particular PitA due to it's many compound curves, bad fit and because when I was almost done I added a conical section to the the rear.

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on August 03, 2020, 05:11:56 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2020, 05:01:22 AM

As the biggest fan of Lavochkins this side of the Missip...Missipipi ....Delaware, ooo, ooo, what be this?

Zvezda La-5FN.  See my blog thread.
Fred

zenrat

Today I finished what I hope is the last of the PSR on the assembled wing and glued the two parts of the other wing together.
I sanded the buggery out of the canopy and then added some Tamiya stinky yellow putty to the low points around the edges.
I think I have completed PSR on the tail.
And after procrastinating about scratching up a tail gun I decided to put the standard airbrake tail cone assembly together.  Fit between the two halves of the conical section is of course abysmal and any attempt to build it with the brakes closed will be compromised by uneven gaps around their edges.  I will therefore be building it deployed.

Fred

zenrat

Progress phot.
Wings are not attached to the fuselage yet but are both in one piece.  Canopy is sanded flush with the fuselage but so much plastic needed to be removed that a hole resulted.
The mug of tea is not part of the build.
Victomic WIP-06-08-2020 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred