Handley Page HP.80N Victomic - Finished Pics Page 19.

Started by zenrat, June 27, 2020, 06:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks folks.

I masked the canopy today (not to do so wold be tempting fate as I will be waving sandpaper near it) and glued the tail onto the fuselage,  Glazing pattern is going to be different to the standard Victor with larger windows.
I also started putting the undercarriage together.
I hav hit a delay with the second wing.  I must have got a bit carried away and used too much glue as it's a bit soft in the join between the two halves.  It'll harden, but it'll need more time.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Primer on a wing today.  Annoyingly previously sanded off raised detail is ghosting back into existence.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I plan to.  But a light sand first...
Fred

zenrat

More sanding.  Switched to 1000 grade and then decided more putty is needed in a number of places.
Getting close though.
Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on August 06, 2020, 04:08:54 AM
Progress phot.
The surprising shape of the fin on this Victor, I did not remember it. And I have tried that on a F-16 at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=39083.195
Thanks! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

You're ALWAYS on the modelling edge Fred.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 21, 2020, 03:25:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 20, 2020, 06:19:04 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 20, 2020, 03:29:47 AM

Getting close though.

To what though that is the question  ;)

To the edge.

Well you chose to live "Down under". We stopped sending people there aeon's ago  :angel: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 21, 2020, 06:19:36 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 21, 2020, 03:25:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 20, 2020, 06:19:04 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 20, 2020, 03:29:47 AM

Getting close though.

To what though that is the question  ;)

To the edge.

Well you chose to live "Down under". We stopped sending people there aeon's ago  :angel: ;)
Except on holiday, lol! And that's by their choice. You lot also stopped sending people to the colonies after we rebelled, and gained our independence, lol!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

I was actually referencing this.

Roger Dean's artwork for Closer to the Edge.

More sanding today.  And more primer.

Fred

The Wooksta!

And that situation will continue.  I doubt there's an end to that sodding odyssey with the Matchbox Victor...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Well, i'm calling the sanding of the wings done.  Tops look presentable and undersides are good enough for Post Office work.
Fuselage needs a touch of attention around the canopy but that can be done when I fill and sand the gaping chasms that Matchbox/Revell's poor excuse for parts fit will leave at the wing roots.
I was all set to glue a wing in place when I remembered that before I do that I have to paint and attach the intake turbine plates (I modified their fittings so I can do this from the wing root ends - OOB you have to fit them when you close the wings up) and attach the heat sinks I have added above the engines (which fit from inside).

Fred