Handley Page HP.80N Victomic - Finished Pics Page 19.

Started by zenrat, June 27, 2020, 06:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

The earth just has to remind us once and a while its a bigger bad a$$ than all of us put together!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

sideshowbob9

China Syndrome eat ya heart out! That should be the next summer blockbuster. An atomic/pyroclastic cloud? Now if you could somehow work in a sharknado as well.....

Seriously though, great picture!

zenrat

Paint!  All except the outer wings is now resplendent in gloss white enamel.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

When testing the Victomic Handley Page took a leaf out of the motor industry's book and created a fake body to disguise it's true form...
Victomic WIP 09-09-2020 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

;)

Now the whole airframe is white I can being masking for the red and blue.
Victomic WIP 09-09-2020 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 09, 2020, 03:27:26 AM

When testing the Victomic Handley Page took a leaf out of the motor industry's book and created a fake body to disguise it's true form...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Didn't they do that for real with the Victor prototype? IIRC it was trucked from Radlett to another airfield for flight testing with the fuselage disguised as a big yacht!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 09, 2020, 03:50:19 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 09, 2020, 03:27:26 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Didn't they do that for real with the Victor prototype? IIRC it was trucked from Radlett to another airfield for flight testing with the fuselage disguised as a big yacht!

They shoulda disguised it as a submarine to put the wind-up the RN.  :wacko:

buzzbomb

Really, really looking very nice.

:thumbsup:

zenrat

Thanks BB.

Still plenty of opportunity for me to screw up.   ;D

Fred

McColm

zenrat

No, it's still got masking tape on the windows.

No progress today.  Rain on the shed roof rendered it too noisy to hang around in there for long.
Fred

sideshowbob9

Looking good. If anything, I'd say leave it white overall, for heat-dissipation.. or something.

YFM, of course.

zenrat

It's going to be mostly white.  Just getting some red and blue cheat lines, it's name, the logos of the three major players and a number of radiation warning symbols scattered across the airframe.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

buzzbomb

White AND Red. Toss in some yellow and you will have self flagellation to the max ;D

Go you good thing.

Snowtrooper

The red line on white makes me think that she'd look good in Raspberry Ripple.