Handley Page HP.80N Victomic - Finished Pics Page 19.

Started by zenrat, June 27, 2020, 06:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Didn't the prototype Victor displayed at Farnborough sport a rather fetching colour scheme? https://i.pinimg.com/originals/76/94/f5/7694f52bb3e8f714b3a883da5d613ea0.jpg
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

zenrat

The prototype Victor may have looked like that, but this is the Victomic.

I've added the blue.

Victomic WIP 14-09-2020 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Really needs a 'Ministry of Space" style roundel.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Reminds me a little of the original Enterprise?

sideshowbob9

^ Gasp! You take that bac....oh wait, is a bit. Carry on.  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 14, 2020, 05:14:39 AM
Reminds me a little of the original Enterprise?

What, the 1775 sloop captured from the British during the US Revolutionary war?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

sideshowbob9

No, the Roman war galley of the same name surely? Look, it even has a little ramming prow!  :wacko:

zenrat

After demasking i've been touching up.  Nearly done and then i'll put on the transfers before adding clear.

Fred

zenrat

Transfers done and i've been painting UC bays, underflap areas, heat exchangers, and inside the airbrake mechanism.
Victomic WIP 19-09-2020 06 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

PR19_Kit

Oooooooh, MOST impressive!  :thumbsup:

I like the little radiation markings, not something you see very often on ANY models!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Kit.

Radiation warning symbols were required by the Air Registration Board before Handley Page were allowed to put it on ground display at Farnborough following its demonstration flights.  The public were allowed to walk around and under the aircraft which had inspection panels opened so they could get a good close view of all the reactor plumbing.
Fred

buzzbomb

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

sideshowbob9

Really impressive. Only thought is would it not have a serial number, even if in "civilian" hands?