Handley Page HP.80N Victomic - Finished Pics Page 19.

Started by zenrat, June 27, 2020, 06:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 25, 2020, 02:30:32 PM
The Nuclear Aircraft section on the Prototypes.com website:
http://jpcolliat.free.fr/x6/x6-1.htm

Merci.

I couldn't face anymore sanding today.  So I put some more putty on the tail.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 25, 2020, 07:05:18 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 25, 2020, 06:25:12 AM

Have I mentioned t :rolleyes:his kit is a dog's breakfast?

Not at all, DO tell us more.    ;D ;)

If you did feed it to the dog then you'd be in serious trouble with the R.S.P.C.A  :rolleyes: Mind you I've know both a Labrador and a Rottweiler that would have made a good go of it if you had put it in their bowls  :banghead:

Those photos with "unclassified" slpashed right across them would be much more interesting if it said "classified"  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Got back to it today.

I have decided to work on one wing at a time.
So, this morning I sanded all remaining  raised detail off both inner and outer sections of one wing.  It will need more putty on the area where I removed the carrot but other than that it's pretty close.
I then turned my attentions to the joint between the two wing parts.  This is a tab and slot joint and IMO the tab is just too anorexic and not up to the job.  So I removed it and, after a trip to the LHS to procure more 1mm evergreen sheet and doing a days (well, half a days if you want to be pedentic) work I crafted and fitted a new, improved, longer tab which extends about 30mm into each part of the wing.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Every time I pick this up and make progress I find something else to fix.
The Ailerons.  At the hinges they are significantly thinner than the wings.  I shall build them up with some styrene sheet and then add a lick of filler.

I have no idea how Lee can build two Matchbox/Revell Victors at the same time and not be bouncing them (or himself) off the walls.
When this is done I may build my remaining A Model Yak 28 as light relief...
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 28, 2020, 05:00:42 AM

Go for something REALLY easy, like a Mach 2 kit.............  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Every time I pick this up and make progress I find something else to fix.
The Ailerons.  At the hinges they are significantly thinner than the wings.  I shall build them up with some styrene sheet and then add a lick of filler.

You'll need a lot more than a "lick" - the wing that I inherited had a considerable amount of filler over quite a bit of plastic hardcore.

I have no idea how Lee can build two Matchbox/Revell Victors at the same time and not be bouncing them (or himself) off the walls.

I actually find filling and sanding quite relaxing.  Painting and masking is what drives me insane.

And as bad as the Matchbox kit is, it could never hold a candle for awfulness to their 32nd Venom, any large Mach Poo kit or anything by Unicrap.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 28, 2020, 12:56:13 PM

I actually find filling and sanding quite relaxing. 

Come on down to Northants, I've got a job like that going on this Avro Leeds!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

A closer look at ailerons reveals that while one is thinner than the wing at the hinge the other is wider than it at the trailing edge.
I decided on filler rather than styrene sheet for the thin one and broke out the Tamiya Stinky Yellow putty.  The other will be sanded down when I work on that wing.
Fred

sideshowbob9

Don't do it! You have so much to live for!

zenrat

Stinky Yellow on aileron #1 sanded and then skimmed with PPP.

I also tackled the canopy.  It fits where it touches and the curvature doesn't match that of the fuselage that wasn't many places until I used a cable tie to force it into submission (this should not have surprised me).  Tamiya Extra Thin and sprue-goo will keep it in place when the tension is released (I hope).
Fred

The Wooksta!

I've dry fitted the canopies and the worst place for fit is the lower sides - if it wasn't for the lower quarterlights I'd glue it in place and sand the hell out of it.  It will need some shims at the back as it won't align with the fuselage shape.  Ordinarily, filler and sanding, but I've dry fitted a shim in place and it seems to work better.

I may well tackle the canopies on both next, because it's easier before the rest of the wings go on.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Yep, lower sides were the problem.  The cable tie pulled them into place.  I just hope the glue is strong enough to hold when I release the tension.
Fred

PR19_Kit

We've got the makings of a mini-GB here, with the M'Box Victor as the ONLY kit allowed as source material.  ;D

I'm tempted to go home get the two that I have in The Loft so I can join in.  ;D

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I'd only get one out and sell the other in favour of a shiny new Airfix one.  Depends what you have planned for it, but a Skybolt one would look good.

I'd like a whiffed V bomber theme for Telford. I mean, at least 2 of the ones I've on the go will make it*, I've a Skybolt Vulcan that just needs a tad restoration, Martin has a SAAF Victor.

*Likely Vulcans, the Victors seem to be more trouble than they're worth. Whilst the Valiant seems to be fighting me every step of the way.  Still think it's a better build than the Matchbox Victor.  But only just.  Come back to me on that later in the week.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

No Kit.  Don't do that to yourself.

Fred