Handley Page HP.80N Victomic - Finished Pics Page 19.

Started by zenrat, June 27, 2020, 06:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Looking groovy, Fred! :ph34r:

A combination of font, image resolution & old eyes is making reading of the script difficult but am I correct in my belief that it is "HANDLEY PAGE VICTOMIC"? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

This is coming along splendidly!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on September 19, 2020, 09:27:52 AM
Really impressive. Only thought is would it not have a serial number, even if in "civilian" hands?

It has a rego number (G-8-2 which was IIRC a Dart Herald) but it was painted in a hurry for Farnborough and the serial number got left off.

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 19, 2020, 09:40:07 AM
Looking groovy, Fred! :ph34r:

A combination of font, image resolution & old eyes is making reading of the script difficult but am I correct in my belief that it is "HANDLEY PAGE VICTOMIC"? :unsure:

Yes, that is what it says.  The font is called Digifit and might possibly be a bit more sixties than fifties.  However, I think the stripes are more seventies so the whole scheme just shows how much ahead of their time HP were...

;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

I thought I saw NCC something, something. Or maybe not.
Really that is a great model. Instead of a should have been it's more like thank heaven it wasn't. Nuclear powered aircraft that is. Wasn't someone thinking of reviving that idea?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

I toyed with using a Star Trek font but decided against it in the end.  Not on this build anyway.

Victomic WIP 20-09-2020 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Oh, good! :thumbsup:

'Coz one of the things I was reading was "WANOLFY FREE WETOMIE", which was a tad worrying. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I'm saving the Wanofly build for the captured GB...
;D

I demasked the cockpit glazing today.
Victomic WIP 21-09-2020 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And the Victomic then did a looooow pass along runway 23 at Dadswell Bridge.
Victomic WIP 21-09-2020 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The runway is still glowing.  The Radiation Safety Committee have announced it will be safe to be put back into normal use in three or four months.
Fred

zenrat

In our toilet, on the back of the door is this years Airfix Model World calendar.  September is a Buccaneer (appropriate for the month in which International Speak Like a Pirate day falls) and while sitting there staring at it thoughts of a nuclear powered Bucc spring to mind.
Fred

sideshowbob9

:o I think the Victor is just about the smallest aircraft you could make nuclear powered in that era as it is. Unless you made the Bucc an RPV.....?

Snowtrooper

At least the Buccaneer won't require any radiation shielding for the crew, being forged out of solid slabs of metal... :wacko:

buzzbomb

Just gorgeous.

Great work. Have I already said that ?

The Wooksta!

Cockpit could be a tad breezy without the underside nose glazing.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 22, 2020, 03:59:37 PM
Cockpit could be a tad breezy without the underside nose glazing.

Ram air conditioning to counteract the head emanating from the reactor?

It's sorted now.  I glued the glazing in today.  Fit was of course poor.

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on September 22, 2020, 07:04:21 AM
:o I think the Victor is just about the smallest aircraft you could make nuclear powered in that era as it is. Unless you made the Bucc an RPV.....?

Unless maybe it was powered by a small tokamak reverse engineered from the one in the captured Lakenheath-Bentwaters saucer...   :o
Fred

sideshowbob9

Quote from: zenrat on September 23, 2020, 03:59:52 AM
Quote from: sideshowbob9 on September 22, 2020, 07:04:21 AM
Unless maybe it was powered by a small tokamak reverse engineered from the one in the captured Lakenheath-Bentwaters saucer...   :o

I though it was more of a triangle myself......awww $%^%^$.

I mean, what saucer?

zenrat

Fred