NöNö Bärs Miniatures (Latest: RM Andrea Doria)

Started by nönöbär, June 28, 2020, 02:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Sorry to hear about the accident  :-\

Hasn't spoilt the overall look of them though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Wow ! Those are certainly tiny ! They look great ! But my eyes hurt just looking at them lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nönöbär

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 05, 2020, 06:13:19 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident  :-\

Hasn't spoilt the overall look of them though  :thumbsup:

Well, most of the masts were gone. And one ship is missing completely - I wonder where this has been vanished to. And the Japanese carriers were hurt quite badly, some parts of the flight deck were broken away and gone. I think i have to print some new ones. :(
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

Now, especially for Narses2, the "big" minature. And its really big compared to the others.

What would be the biggest thing to make - of course a German H-class battleship monster. So there is the Friedrich der Große, taken from World of Warships (and there no "real" H-class design). But compared to the other ships, its big. Painted in a Bismarck-style camo, the masts were not 3D printed, but added afterwards.

Together with the Shinano and the Deuschland and a 1 cent coin.

Size is 100mm.

--------------------

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Every time you post something like this I get one of my old Euro 1 cent coins out just to remind myself how small they are. And every time I just shake my head and bow to the master  ;) ;D

Terrific work again, and thank you  :thumbsup:

nönöbär

This time, a quite tiny transport, a second of those, just painted differently.

Size is 26 mm.

Something about making those models. I use some 3D models found in various download sites in the web. After scaling them to 1/3000, they are printed with a resin printer.
Once printed, the model has to be cleaned up with isopropanol (which got pretty expensive in Covid-days). The model must be hardened with UV light.
I use a nail UV lamp for it, but the problem is, it gets quite warm in under the UV lights. So the ships tend to bend a bit.
Therefore i printed a little block where i can put the ship to, attach it with rubber rings so that it will be put in place:

Some WIP of a IJN Amago.

--------------------

NARSES2

Thanks for that little "how to"  :thumbsup:

Why did isopropanol get expensive ?

The Amagi is looking very nice

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nönöbär

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 25, 2020, 07:43:36 AMThanks for that little "how to"  :thumbsup:

The Amago is looking very nice

Why? Because you can use it for disinfection. When I bought the printer, I got 6 liters for 25€. This spring, prices went up to 25€ per liter... :(

P.S. I made a spelling error, its "Amagi" not "Amago" :)

--------------------

NARSES2

Quote from: nönöbär on October 25, 2020, 08:13:40 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 25, 2020, 07:43:36 AM

Why? Because you can use it for disinfection. When i bought the printer, I got 6 liters for 25€. This spring, prices went up to 25€ per liter... :(

Ah right. Some things went crazy over here as well, and I do remember that disinfectant was difficult to get for a time.

Rick Lowe

I like the idea of the nail setting UV light, they seem cheaper than some of the 'proper' units available.
I had thoughts of trying the liquid 'filler' you can get for for nails, and one of those light sources, as a cheaper option than the UV light and filler pens you can get.

nönöbär

This time, we cross the Atlantic ans have the USS Arkansas.

The 3D model is again taken from WoWs, and although its the pre-war verison, I painted it in the late war Arkansas camo.

Together with the North Dakota.

Size: 57mm

--------------------