FrankenCOIN - ‘Hawker Siddeley P.1183’

Started by kitbasher, July 06, 2020, 02:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Move the engines out board a little more and add props for a Pucara look. Great kit bashing work!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Until I saw that pic I didn't realise quite how flat the underside of a Clunk was.  :o

And I walked underneath one many years ago too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 29, 2020, 07:45:09 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The engine location is reminiscent of the Clunk.

I was thinking that only yesterday!

Love the CF-100.  If only the radome were a bit pointier.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

I've never seen the wing tip like that before. I assume that's where they bolted the fuel tanks/rocket pods ? Just I've never seen that detail exposed.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 30, 2020, 06:16:40 AM
I've never seen the wing tip like that before. I assume that's where they bolted the fuel tanks/rocket pods ? Just I've never seen that detail exposed.

Exactly that, Chris.

When you look at the Clunk then Kit's Gloster Lancer you'll see why I think the Lancer best suits Canadian markings.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on July 30, 2020, 08:57:49 AM

When you look at the Clunk then Kit's Gloster Lancer you'll see why I think the Lancer best suits Canadian markings.

I'd have to take the tip tanks off................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

No you won't, Kit.  CF-100's flew with wingtip pods.  The CF-101B Lancer (Avro Canada doing to Parliament what Grumman, Republic and others did to Congress with the Panther/Cougar and the F-84) could carry either wingtip tanks or pods.

kitbasher

Up north and a chance to work on the FrankenCOIN.  Wingtip tanks made from Revell Hawk T1 drop tanks, replacement aileron made from plastic card, Scrap plastic fitted to the base of the fin (will be filled then shaped to blend the fin in with the fuselage) and the front fuselage attached to the rest.

Suddenly looking as though it could be done by the deadline.

kitbasher

Work continues (canopy merely placed pending further PSR):

Dizzyfugu

Nice! The tail surfaces look a bit small, though?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 31, 2020, 08:19:57 AM

Hawker's thought the same thing when they first built the T3, and fitted a HUGE fin. But later shrunk it and shrunk it till it was just a tad larger than the single seater's.

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

jcf

:thumbsup:
It could be an entry against the Canadair CL-41T in an RCAF COIN competion
that started 40+ years ago and is still ongoing with no decision being reached.
:wacko:

kitbasher

Indeed it could!  Thanks for the pics, very interesting  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 31, 2020, 08:19:57 AM

I agree, the horizontal stabs look just a bit too small... But i like the rest, looking very good indeed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"