Modelling Wishlist

Started by tigercat, July 08, 2020, 12:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

In the best of all possible worlds what new kits would we like to see come out

I'll start the ball rolling with some from Airfix.

What other sets would people want to see

1) post WW2 aircraft support vehicles

2) Home Guard set

3) Airfield Construction set

4) Seaplane support set so maybe a support set for the Swordfish floatplane or Catalina and other Seaplanes

5) Japanese Airfield support set

6) Luftwaffe support set

7) Italian airfield support set

8) Dunkirk set - reboxing of existing vehicles with vacuform beach or mole  Bedfords and maybe Ambulance  and boots set

9) Operation Market Garden set rebox glider Dakota airborne jeep with new Vacform

10 ) Malta Set reboxing of existing vehicles with Vacform

11) Bocage set existing vehicles plus appropriate Vacform

lenny100

mine

1/700 post Falkland royal navy warships IE type 22, minesweepers, river class, lph Ocean, royal fleet aux ships
1/24 helicopter lynx and wildcat
1/72 Mary rose (Henry8 warship) both complete and post recovery
1/700 British pre dreadnoughts
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

The Wooksta!

Mainstream 72 injection:

Spitfire mk XIV
DH Mosquito B.XVI
Supermarine Attacker
Blackburn Skua
DH Venom FB.4
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

1/35 CH-53D - from anyone (in styrene) ... except, maybe, Dragon/DML :angel:

Oh, & a 1/35 Namer APC/IFV (AFV Club/Meng, preferred)

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AeroplaneDriver

Tamiya quality 1/48 Jaguar. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

Well, as your asking...

1/25 full detail injection kits of Australian Fords, Holdens and Valiants.  Also a Triumph Herald and a 1966 Ford Econoline van (US model).

1/72 modern injection kits of Schneider Trophy contenders (from all nations), Saunders Roe SR.A/1, Sea Vixen and Javelin.

1/48 Panzer IV Ausf D,  In fact, more armour in this scale, particularly post war Soviet stuff.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A Ukranian mainstream injection moulded 1/72 version of one of Dizzy's amazing builds, done in the fond belief that it's a REAL aeroplane.  ;D ;D ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tigercat

I can see the film now PR's Nineteen or how a group of  modelers came together to convince the world that a  what if  model was actually an obscure variant from behind the iron curtain .....

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 08, 2020, 02:37:51 AM
Mainstream 72 injection:

Spitfire mk XIV
DH Mosquito B.XVI
Supermarine Attacker
Blackburn Skua

Would like to see all of the above by Airfix together with new tools for :-

Hawker Tempest Mk II
Hawker Sea Fury
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I'd think we're more likely to get the Tempest II from Eduard in 72nd - they're doing the family in 48th, so no doubt they'll scale them down in due course.  If I were being honest, I'd rather Eduard did the Tempest rather than Airfix because they might then do the Spitfire XIV I'd much rather have.  The bloody Czechs are out to bankrupt me vis a vis Spitfires and Hornets.

Airfix *might* do a 72 Sea Fury, but Trumpeter have one out so they may not bother, competition and all that, although the Trumpeter kit makes no money for Airfix and they have all the LIDAR data from the 48th kit.

Given their current form, I'd put money on either a 72nd Scimitar or Sea Vixen to go with the new tool Brick and F4s.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

An modern Airfix tooled Scimitar would be wonderful, even though I have a couple of Skybirds examples.

A modern Puma would be good too, and in the car world I'd love a 1/24 and/or 1/32 Jaguar XJ6. The 1976 XJC Coupe for preference, but otherwise the later X300 or X350 series.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I forgot about motors.

24th Aston Martin DB7 GT Coupe.
24th Jaguar XK

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kerick

Is there an up to date V-22 out there?
The latest versions of a large number of aircraft and armor vehicles would be awesome.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

tigercat

Some more variety in 1:72 small craft would be nice 

Dog Boat and maybe some of the Italian M.A.S boats  in  injection plastic

kitbasher

1/72 Sea Vixen (preferably an FAW2), Scimitar, Javelin (preferably an FAW9), Canberra B2/B6, Islander, Otter.  A well-engineered Hart providing scope for follow-on kits of (or conversions for) variants (Demon/Audax/Hart Trainer/Hind/Hardy).

All been done before but not without shortcomings.  And the earlier offerings are mostly now ancient.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter