Modelling Wishlist

Started by tigercat, July 08, 2020, 12:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Cyberhobby's Sea Vixen is pretty decent, although teh nosecone needs a resin replacement as it's too short.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2020, 04:12:08 AM
A Ukranian mainstream injection moulded 1/72 version of one of Dizzy's amazing builds, done in the fond belief that it's a REAL aeroplane.  ;D ;D ;) ;)

;D ;D :wacko: :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

A spoof Airfix 1980s box with a Meteor PR19 on the front would mess with quite a few heads...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 08, 2020, 11:01:48 AM

A spoof Airfix 1980s box with a Meteor PR19 on the front would mess with quite a few heads...

Hehehehe, LOVE it!  :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: kitbasher on July 08, 2020, 09:53:13 AM
Canberra B2/B6

AMP/S&M Models kit?  I've fancied the T.11 for a while but not plumped for it yet.  It looks pretty good in the reviews I've seen.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitbasher

Quote from: Mossie on July 08, 2020, 01:01:58 PM
Canberra B2/B6

AMP/S&M Models kit?  I've fancied the T.11 for a while but not plumped for it yet.  It looks pretty good in the reviews I've seen.

Fair call, was distracted by Wooksta's earlier 'mainstream' comment.  The Airfix treatment would be welcome, though.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

scooter

Quote from: kerick on July 08, 2020, 09:31:06 AM
Is there an up to date V-22 out there?
The latest versions of a large number of aircraft and armor vehicles would be awesome.

I'd like to see more of the "softer" side of armor- you know the support vehicles that run the supplies up to the front.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

Quote from: kitbasher on July 08, 2020, 01:42:36 PM
Quote from: Mossie on July 08, 2020, 01:01:58 PM
Canberra B2/B6

Fair call, was distracted by Wooksta's earlier 'mainstream' comment.  The Airfix treatment would be welcome, though.

Ah, get you.  Yeah, I'd like to see Airfix do some bubble-tops.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

I've mentioned it before, I'm not normally into large scale armour but I'd like to see a Cadillac Gage Commando Scout in 1/35.  Looks like an armoured Lancia Stratos.

Old Wombat

Ah, just thought of something else!

1/350 (&, for those who build smaller, 1/700) Inter-War aircraft, especially naval aircraft but I'd like the F.2b in the mix.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Hobbes

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2020, 09:17:05 AM
I'd love a 1/24 and/or 1/32 Jaguar XJ6. The 1976 XJC Coupe for preference, but otherwise the later X300 or X350 series.

I'll second that.

Rheged

Someone probably does one, but I've not seen it:- a big Scammell Pioneer/ Explorer / R100 artillery tractor      in 1/35 or 1/72. A Thornycroft ANTAR might be worth having,  too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

Quote from: Rheged on July 09, 2020, 12:59:25 AM
Someone probably does one, but I've not seen it:- a big Scammell Pioneer/ Explorer / R100 artillery tractor      in 1/35 or 1/72. A Thornycroft ANTAR might be worth having,  too.

IBG and Thunder Models in both 1/72 & 1/35.  Several variants as well.
https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=&keyword_search=Scammel&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

The only Antar I know of is 1/72 in resin and not available yet.  Matador Models, due to be released this year, ex BW Models kit I believe.

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 08, 2020, 10:27:41 AM
Cyberhobby's Sea Vixen is pretty decent, although teh nosecone needs a resin replacement as it's too short.

I'll take your word for it as i've never seen a cyberhobby kit in the flesh.  I'm not sure they come this far.  Airfix do (eventually) which is why it would be nice if they did a Sea Vixen.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 08, 2020, 06:46:08 AM
I'd think we're more likely to get the Tempest II from Eduard in 72nd - they're doing the family in 48th, so no doubt they'll scale them down in due course.  If I were being honest, I'd rather Eduard did the Tempest rather than Airfix because they might then do the Spitfire XIV I'd much rather have.  The bloody Czechs are out to bankrupt me vis a vis Spitfires and Hornets.

Airfix *might* do a 72 Sea Fury, but Trumpeter have one out so they may not bother, competition and all that, although the Trumpeter kit makes no money for Airfix and they have all the LIDAR data from the 48th kit.

Well Special Hobby do a Sea Fury and Tempest Mk II, I have both, but I'd like to see an Airfix one for ease of build which would mean I might do a couple of each. One can but hope  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.