scooter

In 1:32-
  P-61
  A-1 Skyraider (with enough spare parts to make multiple variants
  F4D Skyray
  F-106A/B Delta Dart
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Hobbes

Quote from: Mossie on July 09, 2020, 03:11:59 AM

The only Antar I know of is 1/72 in resin and not available yet.  Matador Models, due to be released this year, ex BW Models kit I believe.

Scalemates lists an Accurate Armour 1/35 Antar and an old 1/76 Airfix one.

Mossie

Forgot about Accurate Armour. I'd like to see a mainstream kit, it'd be impressive even 1/72.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

tigercat

isn't the Airfix one the old poly one

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 09, 2020, 05:55:07 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 08, 2020, 06:46:08 AM
I'd think we're more likely to get the Tempest II from Eduard in 72nd - they're doing the family in 48th, so no doubt they'll scale them down in due course.  If I were being honest, I'd rather Eduard did the Tempest rather than Airfix because they might then do the Spitfire XIV I'd much rather have.  The bloody Czechs are out to bankrupt me vis a vis Spitfires and Hornets.

Airfix *might* do a 72 Sea Fury, but Trumpeter have one out so they may not bother, competition and all that, although the Trumpeter kit makes no money for Airfix and they have all the LIDAR data from the 48th kit.

Well Special Hobby do a Sea Fury and Tempest Mk II, I have both, but I'd like to see an Airfix one for ease of build which would mean I might do a couple of each. One can but hope  ;)

The Special Hobby Tempest II is vile - the fit as appallingly bad due to the resin that simply will not fit without so much sanding that you can see daylight through what little remains.  It is, to misquote myself, "an ill fitting parcel of dog turds!"  I disposed of all of mine, just gave them away to simply be rid of them.  As old and basic as the Matchbox one is, it is vastly superior.

The Sea Fury is better - at least it fits - but the u/c is a bit wobbly and the canopies have a disturbing tendency to turn to gold.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 09, 2020, 02:10:18 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 09, 2020, 05:55:07 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 08, 2020, 06:46:08 AM
I'd think we're more likely to get the Tempest II from Eduard in 72nd - they're doing the family in 48th, so no doubt they'll scale them down in due course.  If I were being honest, I'd rather Eduard did the Tempest rather than Airfix because they might then do the Spitfire XIV I'd much rather have.  The bloody Czechs are out to bankrupt me vis a vis Spitfires and Hornets.

Airfix *might* do a 72 Sea Fury, but Trumpeter have one out so they may not bother, competition and all that, although the Trumpeter kit makes no money for Airfix and they have all the LIDAR data from the 48th kit.

Well Special Hobby do a Sea Fury and Tempest Mk II, I have both, but I'd like to see an Airfix one for ease of build which would mean I might do a couple of each. One can but hope  ;)

The Special Hobby Tempest II is vile - the fit as appallingly bad due to the resin that simply will not fit without so much sanding that you can see daylight through what little remains.  It is, to misquote myself, "an ill fitting parcel of dog turds!"  I disposed of all of mine, just gave them away to simply be rid of them.  As old and basic as the Matchbox one is, it is vastly superior.

The Sea Fury is better - at least it fits - but the u/c is a bit wobbly and the canopies have a disturbing tendency to turn to gold.

I have built my SH Tempest Lee and you have just reminded me how hard it was to get together. Having said that I do quite like the finished product, but it is such an attractive looking aeroplane IMHO.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: tigercat on July 09, 2020, 10:57:41 AM

I'd completely forgotten about that range. I never quite worked out which market it was aimed at ? Toys, wargaming or perhaps both ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 10, 2020, 06:06:33 AM
Quote from: tigercat on July 09, 2020, 10:57:41 AM

I'd completely forgotten about that range. I never quite worked out which market it was aimed at ? Toys, wargaming or perhaps both ?

I had heaps of them. Pattons, Centurions, a DUKW, deuce and a halfs, possibly a Tiger and a Panther?  They would join in battle with my 1/76 airfix soldiers.
I also had an Airfix 1/32 Stalwart.
No idea what happened to it all.  Jumble sale probly.  Wish I still had the Stolly.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

North American T-6 Harvard/Texan. 

Considering the number built, worldwide service plus longevity of service I can only think of four 1/72 Harvard/Texan  kits - the aged Airfix kit, the Heller T-6G that's also been repopped by Airfix and Revell, the Hobbyboss easy build T-6G and the Academy T-6G.  Lots of T-6Gs!

Wasn't there also a Testors T-6 as well?  If yes then that's 5, but there's no modern T-6, and certainly no Harvard variants to hand.

So c'mon peeps, who's for a modern Harvard/Texan kit?

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

There is a 1/72 CAC Wirraway produced by Special Hobby.  That's essentially an NA-16/T-6.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

The Testors was Hawk originally.
Didn't Aurora in the good old times have a more-or-less 1/48  one too?
And  Ocidental from Portugal did an 1/100 one a few years ago.I think they had a 1/48 kit too.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on July 13, 2020, 04:31:07 AM
There is a 1/72 CAC Wirraway produced by Special Hobby.  That's essentially an NA-16/T-6.

True, so some scope for conversion back to an early Harvard.

Didn't High Planes do one too?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

I'd also like a mainstream Skua - as nice as the Special Hobby one is, an Airfix one would be better.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 13, 2020, 07:05:48 AM

I'd also like a mainstream Skua - as nice as the Special Hobby one is, an Airfix one would be better.

With a conversion kit to install a Defiant turret on the back.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 13, 2020, 07:05:48 AM

Given my fruitless battle with the Pavla one that's good to know.

Kit SH also do a Roc.