RAF Huey Hog

Started by Captain Canada, January 19, 2005, 07:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hey !

A little known fact :

The RAF flew Hueys in aid of the SAS during the Vietnam War. The ex-USArmy birds took a pounding, and, like this one, ended up a mish-mash of bits from any spares source they could get.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

looks like some US Army and RAAF bits in there.........
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

A succesor in the SpecOps role....

This is the RN Merlin kit by Italeri, with the rear end modified into a ramp. It's also sporting the bits from the Chinook SOC bird, with the pod and AAR probe. It also packs the miniguns and aux. fuel tanks, as well as twin mail wheels.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

AeroplaneDriver

CC,

That Merlin is awesome.  I've been thinking along the same lines, of building a CSAR Merlin with the compound lift stub wings on the proposed EAW version.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

John Howling Mouse

Cooooooooooooooool!!!!

Love 'em both but how are you finding the time to build all these (or are they from awhile back??)   :huh:

Don't you have some messed up refineries to fix?!?  (I know of one....)   :P  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Thanks guys !

They are both from the long-ago Brit-o-Rama. I wanted to do the Merlin and I needed an excuse to bang-off the Huey.

And no refinery work at the mo....we're doing casing inspections for Union Gas, and today we have an open-hole job for a new well up near Grand Bend. No bikini's there this time of year, tho !

:o  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Awesome Merlin!

Care to show us more pics?

Merlin rules!!

Gary

That Merlin is Magic!
Getting back into modeling

Mike Wren

love the multi-tone effect on the Huey Toad, not sure if the SAS would have ARMY painted on the side in big white letters though...  :huh:  

nev

QuoteThey are both from the long-ago Brit-o-Rama.
I thought they looked familiar!  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Patrick H

Wonderfull Huey, always been my favorite helicopter. And that Merline is awesome to

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Joe C-P

Very nice! Love the look of the clapped-together Huey. And the US should buy Merlins!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Captain Canada

Quotenot sure if the SAS would have ARMY painted on the side in big white letters though...  :huh:
..but the idea is, that this chopper is cobbled together from bits of other choppers !

:P

And thanks for all the comments, boys. Hueys and Merlins rule !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

Quote..but the idea is, that this chopper is cobbled together from bits of other choppers !
fair enough, I forgive you  :D