The REAL Wessex HC.2 Protatype

Started by Gondor, July 11, 2020, 02:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

The problem with the missing windo is kind of sorted. My recent purchase of an Italeri HSS-1 Seabat and the arival of the Wessex HU.2 conversion set means that there will be two windows left over from the Seabat as they are replaced by bubble windows in the HC.2 so a good result! Still no idea where the first window went though and that will turn up once every other window is fitted.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on August 05, 2020, 01:44:13 PM
Still no idea where the first window went though and that will turn up once every other window is fitted.

Gondor

Of course it will, and I'll probably hear it giggling down here in S London  :mellow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice. Always liked this chopper. Looking forward to seeing some more.

Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Not done much recently, just lacking the drive to get on with this model. I have been getting parts to build a r/w HC.2 but with an early nose and today received a conversion set from Air-Graphics. Been trying to get the darn thing to fit! It should be a simple case or attach the two large sides of the nose together then attach the new nose to the front replaceing the part from the HU.5 kit. However things are not quite right.
The measurements are, with the nose pointing to the left and the correct way up, going by the drawings in the 4+ book, three foot between the upper nose line and the step in the nose, six inches for the length of the step followed by two foot six inches to the lower fuselage line. The conversion set though is different  :rolleyes:
The upper flat surface behind the grill on the nose measured two feet and six inches on my item with the step being nine inches and the lower part being three foot long, almost as if someone got the dimentions upside down  :banghead:

The depth of the nose where the step starts is too deep so I should be able to at least get the edges to fit even though the rest will have to be filler and plastic card to get it right.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Could somone please move this to Aircraft please

Gondor

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor