It was time for a new Comet......

Started by TomZ, July 27, 2020, 11:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 30, 2020, 06:01:47 AM
What did you use for the tail booms?

Just some stacked polystyrene profiles from Evergreen. Glued together and then sanded to round the corners.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

Quote from: TomZ on July 30, 2020, 06:06:16 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 30, 2020, 06:01:47 AM
What did you use for the tail booms?

Just some stacked polystyrene profiles from Evergreen. Glued together and then sanded to round the corners.

TomZ

Modelling as it used to be  :thumbsup: Mind you we might have used balsa wood instead of polystyrene sheets back in the day  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Tom, it seems you made a civilian version 1938, hiding the secret 1939 version (black not to be seen in the night, without markings at all)...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TomZ

Quote from: Tophe on July 30, 2020, 06:46:18 AM
Tom, it seems you made a civilian version 1938, hiding the secret 1939 version (black not to be seen in the night, without markings at all)...

Careful!!!!!
That one is secret! We can't post that here....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Tophe

Oh Lord! Have I said it actually?
No! No, I said nothing, it was just a joke, a fantasy (I swear it was the meaning of this post)... :unsure: :-\ (a military aircraft without markings would be illegal, and never the Good ones would dare to do something like that, impossible, I swear this never happened) :unsure: :-\

PR19_Kit

They could be very SMALL markings, maybe 1mm across?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

Very nicely done.

And old school modelling as well  :thumbsup:

As said above, all it needed was balsa covered with dope and talcum powder, Mike McAvoy style

NARSES2

Quote from: buzzbomb on July 30, 2020, 04:42:19 PM

As said above, all it needed was balsa covered with dope and talcum powder, Mike McAvoy style

I can still remember my mum's face the first time I asked her for some talcum powder to help with my modelling  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2020, 12:03:51 AM
Quote from: buzzbomb on July 30, 2020, 04:42:19 PM

I can still remember my mum's face the first time I asked her for some talcum powder to help with my modelling  ;D ;D

Good job body oil isn't involved!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2020, 12:03:51 AM

Try asking for well used boxes of eye shadow to use for weathering powder..................  ;)

It's MILES better than the stuff sold for the job, as it's slightly oily it sticks to the model so doesn't blow off when you spray it with matt varnish, and it comes in an INFINITE variety of colours.

And if you know the right women, it's FREE!  ;D

I once wrote an article about it in a model railway magazine, and people would cross the street to avoid me for months afterward.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Nice Comet model - looks like a 'should-have-been'. :thumbsup:

I'm not too ashamed to say I have asked for the odd (sometimes quite odd...) thing from Mum/Sister for modelling purposes... whatever it takes to get the part/effect you were envisaging.

zenrat

I've painted model cars with nail polish.  It was in a dump bin at a service station for $2 a bottle - bargain!
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on July 31, 2020, 12:38:54 AM

Good job body oil isn't involved!

Nope, but Banana Oil sometimes was  ;)

Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2020, 04:04:55 AM
I've painted model cars with nail polish.  It was in a dump bin at a service station for $2 a bottle - bargain!

Nail polish in a bin at a service station (Garage ?) I won't ask, I'll just go "ah, but this was in Australia  :angel:

Be no good for me I can't stand the smell of the stuff. I seriously have to leave the room if any female company is using it. Mind you they all get it done professionally now don't they ?

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on July 30, 2020, 05:30:09 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 27, 2020, 11:13:43 PM
You've almost made Tophe happy, Tom. All you had to do was leave one boom engineless & he'd have been a very happy lad! ;D
I am already VERY happy with this twin-boom (symmetric) version! Wow! The best Comet ever! :wub: :wub:
:unsure: Incredibly I find this asymmetric twin-boomer in the top top secret archives and no, don't shoot...
Here is a fake picture of fantasy: ;D