Started by TomZ, July 27, 2020, 11:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

De Havilland DH-88 Twin Boom Comet

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Mossie

Very nice!  :wub:. Would have torn the skies up, until the rear engine overheated at least.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TomZ

Quote from: Mossie on July 27, 2020, 12:22:13 PM
until the rear engine overheated at least.

No worries: Air scoop on top of the engine for cooling.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

SUPERB job there TomZ.  :thumbsup:

I really like that, and I know someone else on here who will too.................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: TomZ on July 27, 2020, 12:26:35 PM
Quote from: Mossie on July 27, 2020, 12:22:13 PM
until the rear engine overheated at least.

No worries: Air scoop on top of the engine for cooling.

TomZ

Cool!   :thumbsup: 8) ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

You've almost made Tophe happy, Tom. All you had to do was leave one boom engineless & he'd have been a very happy lad! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Cobra

Superb Build Tom :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Why do i get the Feeling this would Not be out of Place in "Crimson Skies"? Cool Design,Cool Concept,and Cool Color Choice! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 27, 2020, 11:13:43 PM

You've almost made Tophe happy, Tom. All you had to do was leave one boom engineless & he'd have been a very happy lad! ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Very  cool build, like Cobra says it wouldn't look out of place in the Crimson skies  game.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ericr

Tophe

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 27, 2020, 11:13:43 PM
I am already VERY happy with this twin-boom (symmetric) version! Wow! The best Comet ever! :wub: :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Wooksta!

What did you use for the tail booms?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic