Started by PR19_Kit, July 30, 2020, 07:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Well, well..that was a surprise.
Nicely done all around

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

rickshaw

Very interesting.  Very British of course.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

McColm

Well done,  that's the same model I'm using except I have sliced the top off and removed the boot/trunk. I'll try and post a photo so you can see the hatchet job I have done so far.  :thumbsup:

Hobbes

This is excellent, I really like the amount of detail you've put into it.

PR19_Kit

I'm glad the big surprise worked as planned.  ;D ;D

And just in case someone comes up with JMN type comments on the trade plates '101 TU' really WAS a Rolls Royce trade plate, 'TU' being the letters for Cheshire at the time. Nowadays there's a different system I believe, only using numbers, but still with red letters on white background.

And there's no truth in the rumour that you can't be nabbed for speeding or other misdeeds while displaying trade plates.

Don't ask me how I know this.................  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 09, 2020, 03:42:09 AM
I'm glad the big surprise worked as planned.  ;D ;D

And just in case someone comes up with JMN type comments on the trade plates '101 TU' really WAS a Rolls Royce trade plate, 'TU' being the letters for Cheshire at the time. Nowadays there's a different system I believe, only using numbers, but still with red letters on white background.

And there's no truth in the rumour that you can't be nabbed for speeding or other misdeeds while displaying trade plates.

Don't ask me how I know this.................  :-\
Don't I know it. I was a trade plate driver.

zenrat

Very good Kit.
I note that even with a 7 litre V12 there is room for a mechanic to ride along under the bonnet to make running adjustments.

Question.  Does the fake body have to be removed for people to get in and out?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 10, 2020, 04:12:22 AM

Very good Kit.
I note that even with a 7 litre V12 there is room for a mechanic to ride along under the bonnet to make running adjustments.

Question.  Does the fake body have to be removed for people to get in and out?

Thanks Fred, and yes, I was surprised how much space there was under there once it was all in position. And it's not set back at all, there's about a scale 3-4" between the block and the firewall.

As an aside, when Jags put their 4 cam V12 into a MkX mule the turning circle was VAST! Maybe 30-40 FEET! Hardly surprising the production twelve was the single cam version, the one that I used in the model.

No, the fake body has doors, but after I'd scribed them and painted it they were totally invisible. :(

On the RW mules the doors were usually attached to the inner doors and the panel gaps were measured in feet..............  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Kit.
You could I suppose have the fake bodyshell doors hingeing normally and attached to the inner shell doors by linkages.  But it would be added complication and not really necessary.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 10, 2020, 08:55:42 AM

As an aside, when Jags put their 4 cam V12 into a MkX mule the turning circle was VAST! Maybe 30-40 FEET! Hardly surprising the production twelve was the single cam version, the one that I used in the model.

Performance must have been amazing with the 4-cam V12...

PR19_Kit

I don't think it was the full race 4 cam V12 that they put in the back of the XJ13, but it certainly scorched around MIRA pretty quickly!  :o

Watching them get it out and back into their garage there was a hoot though.  ;D

Regards
Kit

McColm

I spent ages looking for the wing mirrors in the kit only to find out there isn't any. I'm sure yours would have been folded when it had the false body attached.

PR19_Kit

Back when the Silver Cloud was current, in the early 60s, wing mirrors usually WERE on the front wings, way out in front of the A post line by the windscreen. Some US market Clouds had them on the A pillar line, but that wasn't common on the UK cars.

Have you noticed that the kit doesn't have any provision for number plates either? Clouds usually had a massive chrome frame about half way up the boot lid to take the rear plate, and a front plate in the usual place right in the middle of the front bumper, but the kit has neither. :(

Regards
Kit