Main Menu

The 'Secret' prototype.....

Started by PR19_Kit, July 30, 2020, 07:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on August 01, 2020, 03:37:04 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2020, 03:03:27 AM
It's 1/24, and it has got long wings already.  ;D

But 'wings' in the car world, meaning the bits of body that go over the wheels. That's 'fenders' in American....

Thought fenders were bumpers?

Could be, if there's a way of saying it differently I'm sure the two motor industries will find it.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Lincoln or Cadillac they have long fenders and could easily fit your engine inside?

PR19_Kit

It's already sorted, and it's NEITHER of them...............  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 01, 2020, 03:47:55 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 31, 2020, 08:01:00 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 31, 2020, 07:52:14 AM

Engineers!

We make the world go round.  ;D ;D ;D

Certainly do.  Without engineers you'd be walking.

Probably be healthier though ?  ;)

Anyway I was told that the reason the world goes around is because in reality it's a giant alien child's pet hamster's wheel. Those who remember and loved the Far Side may know where that came from  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

No engineers, no injection moulding machines, no model kits... :-\ :unsure: :angry:

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 01, 2020, 06:31:45 AM
..I was told that the reason the world goes around is because in reality it's a giant alien child's pet hamster's wheel. Those who remember and loved the Far Side may know where that came from  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not because someone forgot to tighten up the bolts holding it down?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 01, 2020, 06:50:39 AM
No engineers, no injection moulding machines, no model kits... :-\ :unsure: :angry:

A piece of wood and simple stone tools, hours of fun to be had  :angel: Mind you we'd probably all get fed up carving/chipping the same things as there's be now't else but nature to copy  ;)

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 01, 2020, 06:31:45 AM
..I was told that the reason the world goes around is because in reality it's a giant alien child's pet hamster's wheel. Those who remember and loved the Far Side may know where that came from  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's probably more Discworld than Far Side  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Bolts? Oh, THOSE bolts!  :o :o

Y'day evening my mate Pete and I were swapping stories about customers who ignored the instructions that said 'Remove shipping bolts before running this machine'. We kept each other going for over an hour.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2020, 04:12:58 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on August 01, 2020, 03:37:04 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2020, 03:03:27 AM
It's 1/24, and it has got long wings already.  ;D

But 'wings' in the car world, meaning the bits of body that go over the wheels. That's 'fenders' in American....

Thought fenders were bumpers?

Could be, if there's a way of saying it differently I'm sure the two motor industries will find it.  :banghead:

Fenders are bumpers on boats, here's how to make a tugboat beard fender.  ;D

http://www.frayedknotarts.com/grudinskas.html

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2020, 07:51:49 AM

Bolts? Oh, THOSE bolts!  :o :o

Y'day evening my mate Pete and I were swapping stories about customers who ignored the instructions that said 'Remove shipping bolts before running this machine'. We kept each other going for over an hour.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Some years ago, our then next door neighbour came banging on our back door.  "The new washing machine has gone wrong on the first wash; HELP!"  Off I went to investigate . It was trying to spin and making a remarkable graunching noise like I've never heard before. When it was drained and unplugged, I found that the people from the shop who'd installed it had left delivery bolts and packaging inside the machine.   It was replaced free of charge and installed by a proper engineer and not a delivery driver.   As far as I know the machine is still working well.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, EXACTLY the sort of tale Pete and I were swapping.  ;D

He used to be a washing machine and frig service engineer, so he had loads more stories than me,, but mine tended to be more catastrophic!  :o

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Playing a record on a record player with the turntable locked down for transport can be entertaining.  Especially if you have a suspended wooden floor and walk heavily.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Trying to power up a 100 ton tension-torsion test machine with the locking bolts still in place doesn't work too well either.

Most of the high pressure hose fittings fail and dump gallons of oil all over everywhere...............  :o

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 02, 2020, 05:52:38 AM
Trying to power up a 100 ton tension-torsion test machine with the locking bolts still in place doesn't work too well either.

Most of the high pressure hose fittings fail and dump gallons of oil all over everywhere...............  :o

But on the bright side, the bolts passed...
:thumbsup:
Fred

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 02, 2020, 05:52:38 AM

The multi jet high pressure hydraulic fountain sounds interesting...............from a safe distance.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet