1/350 scale USS Wisconsin BBG-64 Missile & Railgun Battleship

Started by seadude, August 07, 2020, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: seadude on August 05, 2022, 10:32:40 AM
Or maybe I'll have to add some photoetch ladders along the sides so crew can get on top of the turrets for maintenance or other purposes?

That'd be a good idea  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

FINISHED!  :drink:  Got the railgun turrets all primed, sanded, built, painted, and attached to my future battleship. Guess this is about as close as I'll ever see railguns on a US Navy ship.  The railgun turrets are removable and can be interchanged/replaced with regular 16" gun turrets on the model if I want to.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Sweet! :thumbsup:

Having the turrets interchangeable is a great idea! That way you can have the ultra-modern/sci-fi version or the what-if continuous upgrade version, depending on how you're feeling & your audience. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

seadude

I'm still debating if I want to add any small details to the railgun turrets. They just look so plain and boring sometimes. I don't know yet.
I also have a 4th railgun turret as a spare. I haven't built or painted it yet. But if I do, I can add barrels that are in an elevated position to it.
This way, I can change out one of the regular railgun turrets and put in a turret that looks like it is firing if I want to.

Old Wombat

Maybe a few ladders, like the originals, &, possibly, an access hatch or two? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

Wow.  That's awesome.

The conventional turrets look puny in comparison to the railgun ones.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: seadude on August 17, 2022, 07:27:25 PMI'm still debating if I want to add any small details to the railgun turrets. They just look so plain and boring sometimes. I don't know yet.
I also have a 4th railgun turret as a spare. I haven't built or painted it yet. But if I do, I can add barrels that are in an elevated position to it.
This way, I can change out one of the regular railgun turrets and put in a turret that looks like it is firing if I want to.

The ship looks very good.  :thumbsup:

The turrets need something to break up the surface like a ladder or air vents for the crew. An entry hatch for the crew to maintain the weapon.

kerick

This looks awesome! I say your ships at Indy this year and they were also amazing. You have quite a talent!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

seadude

If I add anything to the railgun turrets, it won't be until later in October. I've got some other projects to finish up first.

Quote from: kerick on August 29, 2022, 08:23:02 AMThis looks awesome! I say your ships at Indy this year and they were also amazing. You have quite a talent!

Not talent. More like an overactive imagination.  ;D

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise