1/350 scale USS Wisconsin BBG-64 Missile & Railgun Battleship

Started by seadude, August 07, 2020, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madhatter

Seadude, that is awesome! I love the missile launch, nice touch  :thumbsup:  those rail guns look like CGI renders. They'd look awesome on a space Battleship Yamato style ship.
The revised bridge is perfect, just the right aggression to it and looking believable.
Great boat!

seadude

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. :)  To be honest, I wasn't sure how this whole project would turn out in the end. In the beginning, I had doubts that an Arleigh Burke structure could work on an Iowa class battleship. But now after everything has been done, the results speak for themselves. ;)
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Captain Canada

This thing is wild ! Love the look of her, and those new guns. Always so much to look at and discover on your builds. Great stuff.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

That looks just right. Breaks up the flat surface and gives a sense of practicality.  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?