Royal Marines C-133 Falklands War

Started by Captain Canada, August 09, 2020, 06:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Was meant to be done for the Navy GB but beer and boats.......

I know the pics are big but just click on it  :thumbsup:

Big Bird
6ECAD823-8F15-470B-BFC1-4F8A094BE2A5 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr

This is two different tins of Humbrol 163. I like the look ! A little too modern for what I'm doing with this one tho.
AEE9C8A8-7E16-4647-9723-BCFC11D67501 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr

Now we're starting to get the picture !
75FE05E0-ACBE-48C3-8D15-21170E221695 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Coming along nicely Todd  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 09, 2020, 06:26:51 AM
Was meant to be done for the Navy GB but beer and boats.......

Could have been worse ? Beer, boats and birds (women)  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sideshowbob9

sandiego89

Fantastic Todd! a very under-whiffed subject...but I have a few ideas in mind for my kit.  I have a soft spot for the C-133. The example at the museum in Dover is great to crawl around.

Looks like the with the probe and extra tanks she will have plenty of gas to fly from Ascension to the Falklands. Can't wait to hear of the cargo/role!!  Think she could take a sizable load of Marines and gear down....

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Captain Canada

Cheers Diego ! Ya for sure, so much potential but you hardly ever see them. I have 2 different vacs as well, the Roberts Combat Models one and ICM ? I wanted to one original delivered to the RAF and the other as a modern J type.

As for this kit, I was going to put white ROYAL MARINES titles where the usual RAF titles go on the Herc. Do you guys think that would be the way ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Old Wombat

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 09, 2020, 05:13:20 PM
As for this kit, I was going to put white ROYAL MARINES titles where the usual RAF titles go on the Herc. Do you guys think that would be the way ?

Probably be a touch more "realistic" in black, if you have any. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 10, 2020, 02:54:47 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on August 09, 2020, 05:13:20 PM

Probably be a touch more "realistic" in black, if you have any. ;)

For sure, the Marines tend to keep their very presence at a low level, and avoid advertising wherever possible. Apart from the guys who play in their Band of course.  ;D

Of course in the RW Their Lordships would NEVER let the Marines fly anything that big.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sideshowbob9

FWIW, for the Marines, I'd go with inconspicuous for the markings. Just roundels & serials. How do you know it is assigned to the Marines? Cos it don't say Army, Navy or Air Force.

Captain Canada

Thanks for the advice guys ! I'm not sure why I said white lol, I'm going to put the serial on the tail in white and the titles in black, as per the Hercules.  I'll leave the titles off as you say. Maybe lol.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on August 10, 2020, 05:46:34 AM
FWIW, for the Marines, I'd go with inconspicuous for the markings. Just roundels & serials. How do you know it is assigned to the Marines? Cos it don't say Army, Navy or Air Force.

But the Royal Marines are part of the Royal Navy and as my old dad used to say are simply there to stop the crew eating the officers. ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Now I'm thinking of putting the titles on, just so both the other arms know who's flying this boss  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 10, 2020, 06:50:24 AM
Now I'm thinking of putting the titles on, just so both the other arms know who's flying this boss  :thumbsup:

Something the Senior Service would certainly consider I would have thought  ;D

sideshowbob9

Now that's a bit of a disturbing image!

Somewhere in the Bay of Biscay c1803: "Beat to quarters! The Bosun's Mate is nibbling at me leg again!"