Royal Marines C-133 Falklands War

Started by Captain Canada, August 09, 2020, 06:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

you could always say its been zaped by the royals as they loaded it up at plymouth airport  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Captain Canada

I'm so confused now ! Looks like the Hercs has both white or black titles ! I think they were white during the conflict tho ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on August 10, 2020, 07:55:33 AM
Now that's a bit of a disturbing image!

Somewhere in the Bay of Biscay c1803: "Beat to quarters! The Bosun's Mate is nibbling at me leg again!"

It wasn't unknown.  Read up on the Terror and the Erebus and the search for the North West Passage.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Michael Palin's book "Erebus" is highly recommended reading!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 10, 2020, 07:08:45 PM
I'm so confused now ! Looks like the Hercs has both white or black titles ! I think they were white during the conflict tho ?

The White lettering was earlier than the Black lettering. By the early 80's it was black with Red/Blue roundels and black undersides, probably Gloss though I am not 100% sure abhout that with out looking it up.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

Often wondered how one of those would look in camo, and the answer obviously is SUPERB!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

sideshowbob9

Quote from: zenrat on August 11, 2020, 03:48:00 AM

Somewhere in the Bay of Biscay c1803: "Beat to quarters! The Bosun's Mate is nibbling at me leg again!"

It wasn't unknown.  Read up on the Terror and the Erebus and the search for the North West Passage.

I was going for mock-horror. Near-miss.

I don't doubt canabalism occurred on occasion but I'm a bit leery reading anything "factual" about Terror/Erebus since it's all supposition.

zenrat

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on August 12, 2020, 04:13:54 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 11, 2020, 03:48:00 AM

I was going for mock-horror. Near-miss.

I don't doubt canabalism occurred on occasion but I'm a bit leery reading anything "factual" about Terror/Erebus since it's all supposition.

The book I read on the subject, "The Terror" by Dan Simmons, was horror fiction based on the facts.  But IIRC one of those facts was that a lifeboat had been recovered containing evidence of cannibalism.
However, I would bet actual money that this wasn't the only occasion when Royal Naval personnel found themselves with a mouthful of seamen in a situation where they felt compelled to snack on their crewmates.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

One book I read which was mainly about early exploration of the Pacific and its various archipelago suggested that human flesh tasted rather like pork ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Several Pacific peoples known to be cannibalistic for either ceremonial or nutritional purposes call human flesh "long pork", so that's probably the closest tasting meat.

I rather like "short pork". :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 12, 2020, 07:36:35 AM
Several Pacific peoples known to be cannibalistic for either ceremonial or nutritional purposes call human flesh "long pork", so that's probably the closest tasting meat.

Is that  Dwarf  meat?? :-X
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

Quote from: chrisonord on August 12, 2020, 09:16:05 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on August 12, 2020, 07:36:35 AM

Is that  Dwarf  meat?? :-X
Chris

Ma-ay be... ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est