LF Models

Started by Weaver, August 09, 2020, 07:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

LF Models are doing an injection Sikorsky S-51/Westland Dragonfly in a variety of boxings, of which these are just two:

The full list is here: https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?setPerPage=25&manufacturer_id=8089&product_type_id=1821&search_direction=asc&pageID=2

Also on that list are bunch of Future Releases of the Bell H-13/43J Ranger, which was the enclosed, enlarged version of the Model 47 (Sioux). it appears that floats will be an option in some boxings:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

My favourite is the Westland dragonfly, I might just treat myself to one of those.
Cheers H. :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on August 09, 2020, 01:53:14 PM
My favourite is the Westland dragonfly, I might just treat myself to one of those.
Cheers H. :thumbsup:
Chris

I like the 1950s vibe of both of them, but I won't be splashing out at the moment.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Thanks for the head's up ! I'll have to look into the first one. I have somebody's version downstairs in the cave.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Mach 2 and Autavia did the S-51 some time ago, and I've got one of each. The least said about the Mach 2 one the better, after all the entire front end is moulded in clear styrene, and you know what Mach 2 cab do with that!!!!!  :banghead:

I like the S-51, it was the first helicopter I ever flew in, back in 1958 or 9 I think, at RNAS Culdrose.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

I swear Kit, if a flying saucer landed in Buckingham Palace yard tomorrow, your first words would be:

"Oh I remember that lot - I fixed their hydraulics for them when they landed in the field near my house in 1962..."

;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on August 10, 2020, 04:25:41 AM
I swear Kit, if a flying saucer landed in Buckingham Palace yard tomorrow, your first words would be:

"Oh I remember that lot - I fixed their hydraulics for them when they landed in the field near my house in 1962..."

Well I did.

Their hydraulic fluid was USELESS for trans-galactic flight, far too high a vapour pressure. I swapped it for some good old Esso NUTO 45.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 10, 2020, 04:35:22 AM

Well I did.

Their hydraulic fluid was USELESS for trans-galactic flight, far too high a vapour pressure. I swapped it for some good old Esso NUTO 45.  ;D ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 10, 2020, 04:35:22 AM

Well I did.

And now they're back to complain because they got fined for a safety violation due to Esso NUTO 45 not being space-travel rated, and because it was substituted by a non-spacecraft-certified fitter...  ;) ;D

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

I checked, it was 1959, and as luck would have it that's the actual Dragonfly that I flew in behind us.

And that's bespectacled me ringed in blue, as a Lance Bombardier no less!  ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Never flown in a helicopter and not sure I want to unless it's some nice emergency team rescuing me from somewhere
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2020, 06:13:52 AM

Never flown in a helicopter and not sure I want to unless it's some nice emergency team rescuing me from somewhere

One of the senior engineers who worked for MTS with me was the same. He's one of the foremost fatigue engineers in the world, and he reckons choppers are '...flying fatigue test machines...' He once took the bus from Gatwick to Heathrow (before they built the M25) instead of the Helilink flight.  :o

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I was once told that the only reason helicopters fly is because the God's of earth, sea and air haven't stopped laughing long enough since the first one flew to work out which one of them is actually responsible for it and thus do something about it  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

I have the FAA Dragonfly. It looks a good little kit. 

Got mine from Parabellum soon after it came out.

Tempted to do a Nigerian Navy one.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Scotaidh

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2020, 06:45:56 AM
I was once told that the only reason helicopters fly is because the God's of earth, sea and air haven't stopped laughing long enough since the first one flew to work out which one of them is actually responsible for it and thus do something about it  ;D

Ooh!  I like that!  :)  I'll add it to my list of "Reasons Helicopters Appear To Fly"

Because flying means "supported by the air" -

A) Helicopters don't actually fly - they're so ugly the Earth repels them. 
B) Helicopters don't actually fly - they just beat the air into submission.
C) Helicopters don't actually fly - their excessive vibrations tickle the Earth, which shrugs them off in annoyance.

:)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."