Fokker T.V. (Early)

Started by NARSES2, August 11, 2020, 07:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Slow progress continues. If I'm honest I'll be happy if I finish it this year. That's not a criticism of the kit, it's just one of those builds that takes it own time.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Looking forward to seeing the finished model, Chris.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Made some progress with this and I now have all the major sub-assemblies complete. I want to test fit the transparencies now and see how much fettling they will need before attaching the flying surfaces to the fuselage. So hopefully get it ready for paint before Christmas.

One of the things I was dreading was fitting the etched brass cooling gills to the engine cowlings. Anyway as it happens they went very well  :thumbsup: The sets of gills (2 per cowling) are produced on a separate sheet of brass from the other pieces and it seems much thinner and far more flexible. Anyway after annealing them they conformed to the curvature very well and the whole process was quick and easy. Sure they don't quite meet up, but the gap is relatively small and can quite easily be placed on the inner side of the cowl and then disguised with some thin card.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Working on the transparencies, and there's a lot of them. Thank goodness I got the Peewit mask set  :thumbsup: They generally fit ok, some need a little fettling, but in the main they are ok.

NARSES2

Started assembling the airframe and one wing has been fitted. Very good fit as well  :thumbsup:

I may be able to start getting paint on this during the gap between Christmas and New Year, we shall see.

Tophe

Good program. When may we see updated pictures? <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on December 22, 2020, 06:52:55 AM
Good program. When may we see updated pictures? <_<

Once I have a complete airframe I'll post some pics Tophe.

NARSES2

Here's where I am with this project

Tophe

Good! It is very nice to see a picture to understand your words better. <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

chrisonord

Looking forward to seeing this  done  Chris  :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on December 28, 2020, 06:49:16 AM

It'll be a while Chris. It's very much a "slowly, slowly, catchee monkey build". It's not difficult, but I find that it tends to want to go along at its own pace  ;D Should be getting paint on it in the next week or so.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 28, 2020, 07:08:47 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on December 28, 2020, 06:49:16 AM

It'll be a while Chris. It's very much a "slowly, slowly, catchee monkey build". It's not difficult, but I find that it tends to want to go along at its own pace  ;D Should be getting paint on it in the next week or so.
Ah one of those blighters eh?? thanks to my fingers and the cold, quite a few of my kits are turning out to be as such :angry:
chris

NARSES2

I'm still making very slow progress with this and in all honesty it's a bit of a curates egg. Most of it goes together ok, but some is a struggle. Still I've now got a complete airframe and can think about paint. The canopies are masked, thank you Peewit  :thumbsup: but they are not the clearest so a lot of work I've done in the interior is probably wasted, but hey ho, worse things happen at sea  :rolleyes:

Oddly though I am enjoying this build  :unsure: As long as you take your time it's ok. I'm treating it as the "third build" on the bench. Whilst the other two builds have most of my attention and time, when I have a spare 30 minutes or so I'll turn to it and move another step forward.

NARSES2

I'm not sure if there is much visible different between this and the last picture, but it is all buttoned up and ready for paint now

chrisonord

Looking forward to seeing this one done  Chris, like you have  said  they are not quick build  kits are valom  kits. And can  someone please  stop giving  curates  eggs. :-X  ;D ;D
Chris