Free-16ZAB Falfalcon (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, August 14, 2020, 11:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I put a few drops of light blue paint on the under side. I am ashamed to show the aspect there, not to be seen normally... :unsure: :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on August 19, 2020, 02:22:04 AM
An intermediate step: <_<

Then the final model, ready for paint: <_<

Hmmm - to me, that screams out for a third fuselage atop the tail fins.  Still - looking good, mon ami:)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Quote from: Scotaidh on August 21, 2020, 01:08:25 AM
Still - looking good, mon ami:)
Thanks! ;)

to me, that screams out for a third fuselage atop the tail fins.
You seem crazier than me, is this possible? :unsure: ;D

I have started to paint the side above. Remaining are: paint to dry, windows to cover with black: <_<

Tophe

My wife said "this model is cute", and I feel happy... ;D

I have started the black cover of windows on the B half part, but the blue painting was imperfect and I have to add a little: :unsure:

PR19_Kit

What's the French for 'cute' please?

Is that 'joli'?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 22, 2020, 04:32:47 AM
What's the French for 'cute' please?

Is that 'joli'?

Yes indeed  ;)

:thumbsup:

Tophe

That could have been, but she said "mignon", 'joli' being more "pretty" somehow... ;)

PR19_Kit

Merci for the translation.  :thumbsup:

I'm approaching the limit of my French here......  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

I have met a British soldier that went to France for WW2, and what words (in French) are important, said the officers, are only "voulez-vous faire promenade avec moi, mademoiselle?" (do you want to have a walk with me, miss?). Maybe French men didn't like this, but from our savers, this was accepted ;)

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on August 22, 2020, 05:31:41 AM
That could have been, but she said "mignon", 'joli' being more "pretty" somehow... ;)

Hmm - A small diversion from the topic ...

then, a "filet mignon" would be a cute boneless cut of meat? (Since "filet" doesn't specify the meat species ...)

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Yes, this is explained at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filet_mignon
while the French equivalent says more (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filet_mignon ): French people use it for pork while US people use it mainly for beef, with French words, surprising French tourists coming in the USA.
The word "cute" (mignon) is for "delicious" there, I think, but my F-16 is not to be eaten! :angry: ;D

Tophe

The Free-16ZAB model of mine is finished but, first, I (am ashamed to) show you the (not sexy) buttocks of the Siamese Twin lady... :-\

Tophe

Here is the finished model, pretty sides: <_<

Tophe

Hmmm - to me, that screams out for a third fuselage atop the tail fins.
I don't forget your idea... and I thank you for it! (this has not been built, yet, this is photo editing with PhotoPaint software) <_<

Tophe

Concerning the scale of this Freedom model, it is difficult to say, as this is a cartoon shape, not a perfect copy of the source. But it is far bigger than the 1/144 F-16 (I built maybe 4 of them in recent years) and far smaller than the 1/48 F-16 (1 built 1 in the 1970s), so this is something as 1/72 or 1/96 (or 1/100) [with canopy height bigger than 1/48]: <_<