Another try for my oldie pics...

Started by AeroplaneDriver, January 22, 2005, 07:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

OK, lets try this picture thing again.  As I said these were built years ago and have seen many moves, so they are showing a little wear with some smaller parts gone and all would benefit from a good cleaning and touchup.

I'm still learning this picture posting thing, so don't laugh if nothing comes up again :(

Anyway, first up is a USAF F-86 built during the OJ trial over two rainy days at work (I was a flight instructor at the time and didn't have much to do in the bad weather).  I think it was a Fujimi kit.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

AeroplaneDriver

AeroplaneDriver

Now the Fujimi 1.72 A-4M built about 12 years ago.

AeroplaneDriver

AeroplaneDriver

A Corsair (Italeri 1/72) put together (again on a rainy afternoon) about 5 years ago.

AeroplaneDriver

And finally, the cat with no interest in aviation or models, but who clearly has other interests...

nev

A Siamese?????? Oh man, those noisy beggars are the worst!  :ph34r:

Nice models btw  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

retro_seventies

tell me about it, we used to have 6 of them when i was a kid...

like the models very much - i have that exact skyhawk in my stack of kits that are waiting to get built!

(they may wait longer than they think)
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

Great work, AD !

There's a few nice pics of that there sabre in this months Combat Aircraft, and does anything look as ready to fight as a humpbacked Scooter sporting Shrikes !

:wub:

As for Siamonsters, they're not that loud, why, my two can hardly even meow !  But they sure can purr !

:wub:  :wub:

Here's Mercedes and Winnifred, enjoying a snowy afternoon. They're safe today, as they've already gotten the annual ceremonial 'tossing in the snow' !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Patrick H

Nice models there. I prefer the Sabre as I'm not much of a fan of the skyhawk. but that one also looks great.

And as for the cat, atleast she knows a good beer when she see's one  :cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Ollie

Nice models buddy!

And that cat...  It must be Canadian in a way since it loves beer!!

Toad, your cats look like those in the Disney cartoon, where they wreck havoc and blame the dog!

;)  :P  

Captain Canada

Toad, your cats look like those in the Disney cartoon, where they wreck havoc and blame the dog!

Yeah, they do look rather eeevil, don't they ?

:o

It's been years since they trashed any models, tho....and that was my brothers almost finished Herc in RCAF Transport Command colours !

Oi was he pissed.........

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Still on the subject of cats...does yours ever do this ?

Sometimes, for no apparent reason, the things just go off ! We call it 'the funky chicken', they get all puffy and start hopping around on all fours ! Waco Texas.......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Well, my sister's cat never ever blows a seal like that...

:wacko:  

John Howling Mouse

Well, Ms. Hitler (veterinarian and proud owner of FOUR felines) is very pleased to see this thread turn into a cat category!

She says that cats normally do the back arch thing only when startled.  It's an instinctive response---they turn sideways versus their adversary, puff their hair up and arch their back----all in an attempt to seem larger and therefor more imposing.

What the HECK are you doing to your cat, then????  Ours also get weirded out by their own static build-up during the winter months.

Here are the four reasons why I do not get to use the garage for vehicles like normal people.  I'll later post a pic of our "Cathouse" (yeah, Ms. Hitler didn't know what alt. meaning "Cathouse" had when she christened our garage as such).  The whole garage is a palace for the four felines.

Oh...the horror!!    :(
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.