Virtual Telford 2020 releases

Started by Freightdog862, August 29, 2020, 05:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Hi everyone,

Although Scale Modelworld 2020 has been cancelled, planning projects for release at the show have been underway for some time, so I will have some new items to coincide with the show dates.

Although information of some releases will be held back and there won't be as many releases as usual, the FAA Tandem Hunter is already out of the bag, I've also just mentioned on my Facebook page that Paul Lucas is working on an HS.125 Naval Courier conversion for the Airfix Dominie re-issue. This will be a fairly simple set for which credit must go to Geoff Baker for the suggestion, and to providing the references. 

I'll post more info as projects firm up. Thanks for your ongoing support as ever.

Colin     

kitbasher

I'll have one of those, please Colin.  When will you be taking orders?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

I'll be after a few of those as well  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Howard of Effingham

And me Colin.

I have lots of Dominies in the stash ready for this conversion!  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Freightdog862

Quote from: kitbasher on August 29, 2020, 06:41:39 AM
I'll have one of those, please Colin.  When will you be taking orders?

I'm not taking orders till probably October, once I have the masters they need to go to CMR and then it takes about 6 weeks. There will be plenty don't worry!

Thanks, Colin

Freightdog862

Thanks for the positive comments. I think conversions like this for cheap kits might be popular now when money is tight for everyone, and many have them in the stash (like Trevor) already that helps to. Plus I'm a sucker for an old kit, although the Airfix HS.125 is not one of their best its a sound basis and its not like anyone is likely to do a better one.

Colin

The Wooksta!

Erm, Vulcan exhausts and Skybolt rereleases?  The latter would be popular for the new Vulcan.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Freightdog862

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 30, 2020, 05:11:19 AM
Erm, Vulcan exhausts and Skybolt rereleases?  The latter would be popular for the new Vulcan.

Just got some cast up this week, both sets of Vulcan tail pipes and a dozen pairs of Skybolts with pylons. The Skybolt set (2 missiles) is £18.00, not on website yet.

Thanks, Colin 

Gondor

Quote from: Freightdog862 on August 30, 2020, 05:28:59 AM

Just got some cast up this week, both sets of Vulcan tail pipes and a dozen pairs of Skybolts with pylons. The Skybolt set (2 missiles) is £18.00, not on website yet.

Thanks, Colin

Do they have both types of noses?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Freightdog862

Quote from: Gondor on August 30, 2020, 05:51:04 AM
Quote from: Freightdog862 on August 30, 2020, 05:28:59 AM

Thanks, Colin

Do they have both types of noses?

Gondor

No just the nose previously offered.

Colin

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I've already got the Vulcan I want to put them on.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

chrisonord

Any chance of some Bluewater missiles 1/72nd scale  Colin? It would save me a lot of time and rigmarole.
Cheers
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures