Virtual Telford 2020 releases

Started by Freightdog862, August 29, 2020, 05:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Aircraft in Miniature also do a Skybolt conversion with the A head, but they're only available from Hannants and nigh on twice the price of Colin's set.  I do have a set on order with my LHS when he gets back from Venice.

Black Dog do the missiles themselves, but Hannants will stitch you 18 notes for a set, which comprises 1 missile and a trolley.

Personally, I'm sticking Colin's set under an antiflash one and if I can find the markings for 230 Operational Conversion Unit, they'll be ideal as training rounds - there had to be some, or would have been.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

I've got the artwork for a 230 OCU badge which I used on my JP6 a short while back,  if that's of any use?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I know I've a set on a Modeldecal Vulcan sheet, but it's a 1980s camouflaged aircraft (and I did a late 70s one anyway with 617 sqn).  I've a feeling there's a different one for anti flash aircraft.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 31, 2020, 08:36:23 AM
I know I've a set on a Modeldecal Vulcan sheet, but it's a 1980s camouflaged aircraft (and I did a late 70s one anyway with 617 sqn).  I've a feeling there's a different one for anti flash aircraft.

Modeldecal Set 70 is Vulcan B2 - 9, 12, 27, 35, 83 Sqn + 230 OCU  in Anfi Flash White,

Modeldecal set 71 is Vulcan B2 : 9, 27, 35, 101 + 617 Sqn: 230 OCU in Cammo, some some in three colour and others in wrap around

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

Airdecal did a set for white Vulcans, which I believe has a 230 OCU option.

Lee's right, 230 OCU's badge while in anti-flash was a Yorkshire rose on a blue shield, to show it was based at Finningley.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

elmayerle

The HS125 Naval courier conversion, would it also fit the Matchbox HS125-600 or the Sword U-125A?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

kitbasher

More Freightdog Dominie news on the Freightdog Facebook page!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Please tell those of us who 'don't do Facebook'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 24, 2020, 10:29:52 AM

Hi Kit, there a picture of the longer replacement radar nose for the Naval Courier version of the HS.125. The accompanying text reads as follows

"Another sneak preview of a 1/72 conversion under preparation. In addition to the Naval Courier proposal for the HS.125, the brochure offers a Weapons Systems trainer. This is my interpretation, in service with the Fleet Air Arm from the late 60s onwards. Fitted with the elegant nose from the P.1154RN supersonic Harrier which was cancelled and replaced by the F-4K Phantom. Image shows the radar master, Both HS.125 sets are planned for release in November. Should keep the IPMS What-If SIG happy!"
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Freightdog862

Quote from: Knightflyer on September 24, 2020, 10:59:35 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 24, 2020, 10:29:52 AM

Hi Kit, there a picture of the longer replacement radar nose for the Naval Courier version of the HS.125. The accompanying text reads as follows

"Another sneak preview of a 1/72 conversion under preparation. In addition to the Naval Courier proposal for the HS.125, the brochure offers a Weapons Systems trainer. This is my interpretation, in service with the Fleet Air Arm from the late 60s onwards. Fitted with the elegant nose from the P.1154RN supersonic Harrier which was cancelled and replaced by the F-4K Phantom. Image shows the radar master, Both HS.125 sets are planned for release in November. Should keep the IPMS What-If SIG happy!"

A small correction, the radar nose is not for the Naval Courier, its a separate set for a Weapons Systems trainer for the P.1154RN.

Colin   

Knightflyer

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 24, 2020, 11:42:46 AM

A small correction, the radar nose is not for the Naval Courier, its a separate set for a Weapons Systems trainer for the P.1154RN.

Colin

My apologies Colin, my misreading of what you had put on Facebook....so you are telling me I'll need ANOTHER HS.125 kit!  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Freightdog862

Not a problem, yes you need ANOTHER for sure!

Colin

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Freightdog862

They sells themselves Kit! I've just had a customer of mine on facebook query if there is a market for such things when 'proper' subjects (i.e. real ones) could be done, some people....

Colin

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 24, 2020, 12:09:50 PM

They sells themselves Kit! I've just had a customer of mine on facebook query if there is a market for such things when 'proper' subjects (i.e. real ones) could be done, some people....

Some of them will NEVER understand Colin. Not like we enlightened ones anyway.  ;D

Regards
Kit