Virtual Telford 2020 releases

Started by Freightdog862, August 29, 2020, 05:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Me mate Norman has just torn him a new one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

All I'll say on that is "Define proper" ?

It does look nice Colin  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Just ordered a Dominie ready for when the parts are released

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 25, 2020, 06:42:29 AM
All I'll say on that is "Define proper" ?

It does look nice Colin  :thumbsup:

Proper  - of or pertaining to the specific modelling area of interest of the whinger.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 25, 2020, 05:33:22 PM

Proper  - of or pertaining to the specific modelling area of interest of the whinger.

Interesting. Now in the context of said whinger's use of it I saw it as being used in the same way as in the phrase "prim and proper". Still English is a marvellous language  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

There are times (like this) when im glad I dont do Facebook. :mellow:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Freightdog862

Evening gents,

I am pleased to confirm the first production run of the HS.125 Dominie COD and Radar Trainer sets arrived today from the caster. Lovely clean castings, now I need to test build and write up instructions ready for release next weekend. At Mr McEvoy's suggestion, the COD version will be named the HS.125 Pinnace, named after a small boat, typically with sails and/or several oars, forming part of the equipment of a warship or other large vessel.

I've decided for the time being not to include decals, the re-issued kit has a lovely decal sheet for general stenciling, and roundels/codes and squadron markings are available from Xtradecal/spares boxes. I will however try to include some what-if profiles to give some inspiration. Not including decals will help to keep the price of the sets to around £12 each (to be finalized).

In addition the Naval Tandem Hunter should also be ready for release over the what was Telford weekend.

Thanks for your ongoing support.

Colin   

kitbasher

Cool!  Will PM an order for the radar trainer Dominie set, meanwhile for the COD version maybe a scheme option could be based on one of the green Sea Heron - or was it a Sea Devon? - admiral's barge aircraft?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Knightflyer

Well I definitely will be wanting to purchase one of each of the HS.125 COD and HS.125 Radar Trainer sets  ;D

Can you remind me what differentiates the Naval Tandem Hunter from previous tandem Hunters, I am genuinely starting to lose track of the various variations?  :lol:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Freightdog862

Quote from: Knightflyer on November 01, 2020, 04:00:10 AM
Well I definitely will be wanting to purchase one of each of the HS.125 COD and HS.125 Radar Trainer sets  ;D

Can you remind me what differentiates the Naval Tandem Hunter from previous tandem Hunters, I am genuinely starting to lose track of the various variations?  :lol:

Its all in the nose. The Naval version includes the original nose plus a new Harley light nose and a Blue Fox radar nose (like the T.8M). Also includes a tail hook and SHAR style pitot for the Blue Fox option.

Colin

Knightflyer

Quote from: Freightdog862 on November 01, 2020, 07:03:47 AM

Its all in the nose. The Naval version includes the original nose plus a new Harley light nose and a Blue Fox radar nose (like the T.8M). Also includes a tail hook and SHAR style pitot for the Blue Fox option.

Colin

Colin ..... my wallet hates you!  :wacko:  ;D

So will these (along with the radar Red Tops) be available on the website fairly soon? (Telford was going to be next weekend?)

chrisonord

I think  that my wallet  is not going to like you either  Colin, as I might have to  buy another  Revell hunter and  airfix Dominie too, unless I can  get the hunter set to fit either the old airfix kit or frog kit. :banghead: Radar  redtops could  very well see themselves put on  another  RAF  sea harrier.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Freightdog862

Quote from: Knightflyer on November 01, 2020, 07:37:38 AM

Colin

So will these (along with the radar Red Tops) be available on the website fairly soon? (Telford was going to be next weekend?)

My apologies to wallets worldwide!

I'm hoping to get the sets listed on my website on Saturday, and be posting out after the weekend. I have all the castings, just writing up the instructions. Mike McEvoy got a sample yesterday and is busy putting it together, its been a tradition since I first released the SR.177 back in 2006 that Mike gets an advance copy. Normally he would have a built up example on the What-If stand of my Telford new release, it does seem very strange that this year will be different.

Colin 

Knightflyer

Quote from: Freightdog862 on November 04, 2020, 02:29:41 PM
Quote from: Knightflyer on November 01, 2020, 07:37:38 AM

Colin

My apologies to wallets worldwide!

I'm hoping to get the sets listed on my website on Saturday, and be posting out after the weekend. I have all the castings, just writing up the instructions. Mike McEvoy got a sample yesterday and is busy putting it together, its been a tradition since I first released the SR.177 back in 2006 that Mike gets an advance copy. Normally he would have a built up example on the What-If stand of my Telford new release, it does seem very strange that this year will be different.

Colin

My wife suggested I lockdown my wallet .....funnily enough I suffered temporary hearing loss at that point.

Looking forward to your new releases, but yes, it is a shame (typical British understatement time!) about Telford  :-\