Suggestions / ideas wanted

Started by Austanker, August 30, 2020, 03:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

buzzbomb

That motorcycle chain idea looks ok. BNA Modelworld have it in stock.. but sheesh AUD $78 and a lot of construction work
https://www.bnamodelworld.com/for-motorcycle-other-scales-parts-decals-model-factory-hiro-mfh-p1099?zenid=35a240e933411c9e772fc82a102a5704

Would fine Brass mesh cut it as convincing enough?

zenrat

Quote from: buzzbomb on September 01, 2020, 04:59:53 PM
That motorcycle chain idea looks ok. BNA Modelworld have it in stock.. but sheesh AUD $78 and a lot of construction work
https://www.bnamodelworld.com/for-motorcycle-other-scales-parts-decals-model-factory-hiro-mfh-p1099?zenid=35a240e933411c9e772fc82a102a5704

Would fine Brass mesh cut it as convincing enough?

It has to built up from individual rollers, pins and plates.  Insanity will be the result, mark my words.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Austanker

Quote from: zenrat on September 01, 2020, 03:58:55 AM
How about vinyl 1/35 Bren Gun Carrier tracks?
They are about 4 or 5mm wide from memory.  Thin enough?
If so, I have a pair from a Tamiya BGC you can have if you want.

I had the exact same thought but I would need to buy at least 3 kits , I like my spares but thats too much lol , thanks for the offer zenrat

Those motor cycle chains almost look good but a bit pricey

buzzbomb

If you are in Aus and able to get out  :rolleyes:

Might be time for a trip to Spotlight or Lincraft. Those big craft stores have all sorts stuff, that can solve problems.
Stuff like textured ribbon, maybe something in the jewelery supplies. Sooner or later, somewhere you will see the very thing and have that Eureka ! moment.

zenrat

Quote from: Austanker on September 03, 2020, 02:44:35 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 01, 2020, 03:58:55 AM
How about vinyl 1/35 Bren Gun Carrier tracks?
They are about 4 or 5mm wide from memory.  Thin enough?
If so, I have a pair from a Tamiya BGC you can have if you want.

I had the exact same thought but I would need to buy at least 3 kits , I like my spares but thats too much lol , thanks for the offer zenrat

Those motor cycle chains almost look good but a bit pricey

No worries.  They are here if you change your mind.  I'm not keen on vinyl tracks and have obtained resin replacements.

Quote from: buzzbomb on September 03, 2020, 02:56:07 AM
If you are in Aus and able to get out  :rolleyes:

Might be time for a trip to Spotlight or Lincraft. Those big craft stores have all sorts stuff, that can solve problems.
Stuff like textured ribbon, maybe something in the jewelery supplies. Sooner or later, somewhere you will see the very thing and have that Eureka ! moment.

If you could find ribbed material (rubber or vinyl maybe) then thin strips sliced off perpendicular to the ribs would look like toothed belt.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Austanker

I think I have found the solution will keep yas posted when they arrive from the US , little drive belts for R/C cars  :thumbsup:

Jesse220