And now for something slightly different...!

Started by albeback, September 05, 2020, 02:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on September 05, 2020, 07:20:20 AM

Probably by Mr Spackman to divert attention away from the PR.19.

Who ME? Never...........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Tophe

:wub: Wonderful! Congratulations! :thumbsup:
No need to build it scale 1, this is "better than Real"! :bow: ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

scooter

Quote from: albeback on September 05, 2020, 05:33:46 AMLuftwaffe Antonov An-12

That's real easy.  Paint OOB, and put a German flag on the tail.  :wacko:  When I was in Iceland, back in the early 90s with the USAF, every once in a while an ex-LSK Tu-154M would pop up and visit.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

albeback

Quote from: comrade harps on September 05, 2020, 07:14:50 AM
Love it  :wub:

Always thought the TSR.2's nose looked too small. You've rectified that historical error!  :thumbsup:
Well, I always thought its  silly little wings made it the aeronautical equivalent of a woman without a bra! - No visible means of support!  ;)
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Glenn Gilbertson

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on September 05, 2020, 03:45:37 AM
Excellent.
TSR2s make for great Soviet aircraft.  And you are right about the wing fences, a very handy way to disguise a join.  Is that why so many Soviet aircraft have them?

I wish I could remember who said it first but the giant wing fences are to keep the airflow from defecting!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on September 05, 2020, 04:31:24 PM
Quote from: zenrat on September 05, 2020, 03:45:37 AM
Excellent.
TSR2s make for great Soviet aircraft.  And you are right about the wing fences, a very handy way to disguise a join.  Is that why so many Soviet aircraft have them?

I wish I could remember who said it first but the giant wing fences are to keep the airflow from defecting!

Made me smile  ;D :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

ericr

buzzbomb

Sweet! That so looks right. Like Scot.. I to thought Su-22/Tu-22 Backfire type Swing Wings were in place.

Nice work

Dizzyfugu

A TSRski! I like it, looks pretty Russian.  :thumbsup: Not certain about the longer wing tips (which Kit will certainly like...), but the overall look is very good and conclusive.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 08, 2020, 12:03:59 AM

A TSRski! I like it, looks pretty Russian.  :thumbsup: Not certain about the longer wing tips (which Kit will certainly like...), but the overall look is very good and conclusive.

They could be a tad longer.....................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 08, 2020, 04:15:33 AM

Maybe you should build a TSR2 PR-19 Kit?

Yes, maybe I should.  ;D

I've got three kits at home too, and that's just the Airfix ones, and I've got two resin ones as well.

Hmm, I could build a whole SQUADRON of them!  ;D

Regards
Kit