Ekranoplan A-90 1/144 Zvezda

Started by wacek85, September 08, 2020, 12:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

The ekranoplan model is ready and I wouldn't be me if I didn't make it weird :D  Of course I gave him polish markings and camo based on Mi-14 camouflage. Because I wanted to make it in flight from the beginning, so I had to make propellers in motion too. The model fit was good, although sprues were rough. I've painted it with Mr. Hobby range and all dirt is MIG products. Chipping is made with sponge and MIG paint. Water is a product designed for railway models, HEKI. I changed it's base colours a bit.
Hope you'll like it :)

Paper Kosmonaut

That's a beautiful monstrosity. I personally think Ekranoplans in concept already are fantastic weird machines and the Russians have excelled in making them even weirder. I love the camouflage. Looks really good on the plane. The red inlets almost make it organic. You also made a great base, I like the chop-mark the wing makes.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

wacek85

Quote from: Paper Kosmonaut on September 08, 2020, 02:32:45 PM
That's a beautiful monstrosity. I personally think Ekranoplans in concept already are fantastic weird machines and the Russians have excelled in making them even weirder. I love the camouflage. Looks really good on the plane. The red inlets almost make it organic. You also made a great base, I like the chop-mark the wing makes.

Thank you very much :) I have the same thought about ekranoplans. They're beautiful in weird way :D

kerick

In Polish markings it must operate on the Baltic Sea? Fascinating!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

buzzbomb

Dizzyfugu

Sweet! The paint scheme is pretty, and I like the overall scene - very good "composition".  :thumbsup:

wacek85

Quote from: kerick on September 08, 2020, 04:04:31 PM
In Polish markings it must operate on the Baltic Sea? Fascinating!

Well, most likely. But ekranoplans can fly over any surface, even solid. So it can supply arctic stations as well. Thanks :)

Quote from: buzzbomb on September 08, 2020, 04:15:53 PM
:thumbsup:

Like the scheme

Thank you :)

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 08, 2020, 10:34:54 PM
Sweet! The paint scheme is pretty, and I like the overall scene - very good "composition".  :thumbsup:

Many thanks :) Base is slightly too long. I have to shorten it or move model to the right.

zenrat

Baltic Sea Monster.

Excellent.  Great job.   :thumbsup:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Does look good, particularly in that camouflage scheme  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Very nice  and a favourite  subject of mine. Something that I have not seen enough  of is Ekranoplan wiffs or builds . I  would  like to have the room to build  a 1/72nd scale  one  in cartel service, causing  all.sorts of havoc  for the Honduras and U.S. navies  :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

McColm

Great work,  I  have two of those kits in the stash ( well one whole kit and spares from another one).

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Magnificent!!  I love the idea, the colors...... the base! ...  pretty much all of it. Nicely done!
-Sprues McDuck-

Caveman

secretprojects forum migrant