Flanker-enstein

Started by Lrrr, September 10, 2020, 09:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lrrr

Edit:
Putting most recent sample image first:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up a couple of 1/72 models.

Gonna mash.

Su-27 engine ducts and external armament, Berkut tandem FSW triplane arrangement.

[/quote]

I am Lrrr.

McColm

Good luck,  I have both of them in my stash  :thumbsup:

Lrrr

Kontrol Surfaces Komplex for Izdeliye T-10f

Secondary theme of this project:  Massive control surfaces.  Because  :smiley:

The canards are actually the Su-47 vertical tail, and the elevators are the canards themselves.... mounted to the elevators.  Each about 2x the area of the Berkut. 

Underside:

I am Lrrr.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Nice. Looks rather large!?  :o

Lrrr

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 13, 2020, 04:47:49 AM
Nice. Looks rather large!?  :o

Thanks!

The wing box that goes across tip-to-tip is unmodified in width (shown in the top pic 2 posts up).   These do appear to be to scale. 

It really does show that the Su-47 is both wider and longer than the 27, so when swapping lower fuselage and nose section it makes the Su-27 parts look small.

The nose section on this model is extended a little forward of the stock 47, but keep in mind that I cut off the 'double-stingers' of the 47 that would have added another inch to the back.  So really this is coming in at ~the length of a stock 47. 

Su27:
Length: 21.9 m (71 ft 10 in)
Wingspan: 14.7 m (48 ft 3 in)
Height: 5.92 m (19 ft 5 in)

Su47:
Length: 22.6 m (74 ft 2 in)
Wingspan: 16.7 m (54 ft 9 in)
Height: 6.4 m (21 ft 0 in)

I am Lrrr.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Lrrr

Because I like big tail....

The vertical tail is actually the sawed off wing of the Su-27. 

I am Lrrr.

Tophe

Lrrr

Thanks folks!

Been off making decisions about the next level of detail.  Lots of filling & sanding.  Finally taking enough shape to give a visual update.

Couple areas where I marred up the filler that will need repainting, but you get the general idea.

Thinking about an 'Arctic Camo' paint scheme, so even though this is just the primer, some of the 'sprued' plastic started life as grey, so it's actually not a bad representation of what it will eventually consist of (though a little more thought put into the placement of said camo)

Cheers!

I am Lrrr.

Tophe

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

That looks so much better than the SU-47. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Lrrr

Thank you all!

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 30, 2020, 08:03:58 AM
That looks so much better than the SU-47. :thumbsup:

Glad the vision is coming together for everyone's approval.  I always loved the look of the X-29 and the Su-27, but something was always a bit off for me on the Su-47 as well. 
I am Lrrr.