Flanker-enstein

Started by Lrrr, September 10, 2020, 09:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lrrr

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 30, 2020, 12:06:20 AM
Sexy. And HUGE!  :lol:

:cheers:

Yeah, I'm actually worried about where it's going to live when it's done.   :laugh:
I am Lrrr.

NARSES2

When things are that big they live where they want  :angel: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Lrrr

Winter Camo

I am Lrrr.

Lrrr

Dmitri likes the upgrades to his Flanker

I am Lrrr.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Lrrr

Thanks folks!

Was drying on the fan and thought would make an 'action shot' with sun in the background.  Because that's likely what you'd see in a dogfight. 

Also, wanted to get a few more shots of complete sans armament.  Thought it was interesting the camera picking up the yellow/red light of the sun gives the impression of a desert camo.  Might have worked rather well if had gone that route as well. 

I am Lrrr.

Lrrr

Armament.  Similar to typical Flanker load-out, but more concentric on the inner fuselage.  Tried a few things with the wings but kinda detracted from the smoothness of the lines a bit.  Thought this worked better. 

I am Lrrr.

NARSES2

I still struggle sometimes to get my head around just how many missiles some of these 4th/5th generation types can carry.

Lrrr

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 09, 2020, 06:41:05 AM
I still struggle sometimes to get my head around just how many missiles some of these 4th/5th generation types can carry.

:thumbsup:

I only this week saw a picture of a Su-35 with provisions for an additional 2 wing hardpoints for 8x wing AAMs.  If the 4 fuselage points remained that would be 4x R-27, 4x R-77 and 4x R-73. 

Based on that - since this WHIF would be the Gen 4+ instead of the Su-35,  I was looking into getting some R-77s to add to the wingroots and bump a pair of R-73s out by ~7mm.   Just didn't want to buy a 'Soviet missile kit' for 2x R-77s. 

I am Lrrr.

zenrat

This is a great build.  Looks amazing.

I do have one tiny little suggestion though.  The name.  "Flanker-enstein" strikes me as being a bit clumsy.  Have you considered calling her  "Flankenstein"?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Lrrr on November 09, 2020, 10:05:19 AM

I only this week saw a picture of a Su-35 with provisions for an additional 2 wing hardpoints for 8x wing AAMs.  If the 4 fuselage points remained that would be 4x R-27, 4x R-77 and 4x R-73. 

50 years ago they'd carry 2 missiles in total and they probably weren't that effective  :lol:

Dizzyfugu

...or just throw some rocks.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 10, 2020, 06:22:54 AM

50 years ago they'd carry 2 missiles in total and they probably weren't that effective  :lol:

50 years ago the USAF had just retired the F-89 Scorpion, almost BECAUSE its missiles weren't that effective............. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit