Reich Dreams

Started by Glenn, January 22, 2005, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Photos just in, of the latest in Reich technology! After it's successful flight to Luna Base 2, this commercial rocket will be on regular flights, to and from it's Moon base.

Model : The Glenco TWA rocket
Diorama: a luna base I'd built for 'space' models.
Decals: From a Ju-52/3m Lufthansa model.

Alvis 3.1

Wow...toooo cooool! And WHAT is the little vehicle there made from, and what's it's job at the spaceport???

Alvis 3.1.....Space Cadet

Andrew Gorman

There's a "Marsliner Challenge" going on at starshipmodeler.com in the General Sci-Fi Modeling section at the discussion forums.  This bird looks like contender!  For some reason the Wotan from "Rocketship Galileo" by Heinlein has always got me thinking.... Neat rocket!
Andrew

Ollie

Good job buddy!

What year is this?  Luft '56??

;)  

nev

Wow, thats probly your best one yet, this looks real proffesional.  Looks like something from an old aviation book I've got from the 50s that my uncle gave me  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

TsrJoe

...that looks soooo cool...  B)

brill modelling and a neat piccie too...

cheers, joe  :ph34r:  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Gary

And everyone thought Hitler went to South America... :P

Very Cool by the way.
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

Great job, Lyn ! Very original thinking ! The little vehicle beside it looks like a sub-sea ROV used by Oceaneering !

What were the Gerries doing on the moon ? Collecting green cheese to go with the saurkraut ?

:lol:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Swamphen

Wouldn't a better name be "Hindenburg"?  :P  :lol:  

John Howling Mouse

Cool idea.

And the side benefit of having Nazis on the moon?

"In space, no one can hear the odd little man with the narrow moustache rant endlessly"

^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Patrick H

Wonderfull stuff. Keep it going, send them all to the moon  :lol:

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

nev

Whoa!  Just noticed the name of the ship down the side...  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

QuoteModel : The Glenco TWA rocket
As I had never heard of such a commercial kit, I have asked Google... and once again, you made a great scratch-building, Lyn, it seems you changed almost everything to match the story... Let me gently be jealous of you skills :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Gary

QuoteCool idea.

And the side benefit of having Nazis on the moon?

"In space, no one can hear the odd little man with the narrow moustache rant endlessly"

^_^
Or hear him getting shoved out of an airlock, sans space suit.
Getting back into modeling

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen