MiG 25 HAPPY. NASA Dryden Flight Research Centre September 2008.

Started by zenrat, September 20, 2020, 03:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Man I love this....so I'm back.    OK, check this out.. I was thinking.... maybe another couple of "non specific" tasks.  So..  HAPPY ~also~ could be used for higher and better intercepts to follow a Shuttle on re-entry before handing that duty off to T-38's and what-not at lower altitudes and speed. If anything could hang with a super-sonic shuttle, it's a 25!   :mellow:  It's not like it could follow it the whole way but perhaps be around for critical times and at least provide more close-up data collection.

Or..... get real crazy and have a chase plane that trails the shuttle after launch??   ;D ;D    It could keep up for a pretty decent period of time, perhaps, snapping photos for later analysis.  ;D ;D

Just some late non-too-serious musings.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thanks Brad C.
I have thought that maybe NASA, loving the 25s so much, procured some MiG 31s at a later date.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

DogfighterZen

I'm not a fan of the Mig-25/31 design but that does look sleek in that scheme. Very good idea on those exhausts!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

I wasn't that keen on them myself DFZ until I saw pics with people sitting in the jet pipes and realised just how large they are.  It's like someone scaled a "normal" sized jet fighter up by 25%.
Fred

PR19_Kit

The Russians do tend to do everything on the LARGE size.............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Nice build ! Looks great in those colours. Would be so fun to watch one of those beasts do her thing. Great pic of the guys in the exhaust nozzles.....looks like they could sell them off as 'man caves' like the MoD did with the old Sea Kings !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on October 06, 2020, 05:08:53 AM
I wasn't that keen on them myself DFZ until I saw pics with people sitting in the jet pipes and realised just how large they are.  It's like someone scaled a "normal" sized jet fighter up by 25%.

Well, it is an impressive machine, no doubt. In some ways i see it as a "fat" F-15 and your comparison pic can easily show why... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Nice work on that - cool backstory and as others have said, a nice, clean paintjob.  :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Nice idea and brilliant execution!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 07, 2020, 08:33:22 AM
Well, it is an impressive machine, no doubt. In some ways i see it as a "fat" F-15 and your comparison pic can easily show why... ;D

Sacrilege! The Foxbat isn't fat. Just a different approach to bodybuilding. The MiG is a strongman/powerlifter, the F-15 does Crossfit.   :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Rick Lowe

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 08, 2020, 06:29:13 PM

Sacrilege! The Foxbat isn't fat. Just a different approach to bodybuilding. The MiG is a strongman/powerlifter, the F-15 does Crossfit.   :wacko:

"She's just Big-Boned..."

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 08, 2020, 06:53:04 PM

Ok, ok... let's just call her "round around the edges"...  :angel:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 09, 2020, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 08, 2020, 06:53:04 PM

Ok, ok... let's just call her "round around the edges"...  :angel:

;D :thumbsup: