MiG 25 HAPPY. NASA Dryden Flight Research Centre September 2008.

Started by zenrat, September 20, 2020, 03:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

In terms of professional female athletes, if the F-15 is a swimmer then the MiG 25 is a netballer - She looks "normal" until you get some scale reference and then, wow.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 09, 2020, 01:13:38 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 09, 2020, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 08, 2020, 06:53:04 PM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 08, 2020, 06:29:13 PM
Nice idea and brilliant execution!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 07, 2020, 08:33:22 AM
Well, it is an impressive machine, no doubt. In some ways i see it as a "fat" F-15 and your comparison pic can easily show why... ;D

Sacrilege! The Foxbat isn't fat. Just a different approach to bodybuilding. The MiG is a strongman/powerlifter, the F-15 does Crossfit.   :wacko:

"She's just Big-Boned..."

Ok, ok... let's just call her "round around the edges"...  :angel:

;D :thumbsup:

Paint it in longitudinal stripes - they're slimming.  ;)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Charlie_c67

"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

chrisonord

Very nice  build  Fred . I love the Soviet era aircraft  as they  are built for purpose  and not beauty pageants.   :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Scotaidh

Quote from: Charlie_c67 on October 11, 2020, 02:25:28 PM

:thumbsup:

Off-topic - I'm finally close to realizing a childhood dream - that of owning the complete series.  :)

Sorry for the diversion - Um, I built a MiG-25 back in the 70s when the model first became available after Mr. Belenko defected to the US with his aircraft, landing in Japan.  I well remember the furore over that incident.  I bought the book, too - "MIG PILOT" - in which he tells his story, and a little bit about the aircraft, too.  Apparently the flight instruments floated in a bath of pure grain alcohol; the radar was so powerful it killed birds a mile away, and the pilots were cautioned to never turn it on whilst on the ground.

He also said that the Syrian bird clocked at M3.25 was experiencing out-of-control engine run-away - he'd have landed with the engine bearings completely shot, very lucky the engines didn't explode.  Belenko said pilots were strongly warned to be extremely careful not to exceed M2.5, as that was tempting the engines to misbehave.

One hopes that condition was corrected in development ... :)

Very nice model - I'm jealous of your paint job.  I can never get gloss paints to look right - one reason I seldom build vehicles.  It does make me wonder if the Sovs have an F-15 somewhere in use by their space agency ... 

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

We had Asterix and Tintin books as kids.  I presume one of my sisters has them now.  Nowhere near complete sets but I used to borrow them from the library as well.

I usually have problems keeping white paint jobs clean.  I was carefull this time.
I used gloss white enamel with gloss acrylic clear over the top.  I gave up using enamel clear as it yellows like a lady dog.
Fred

Scotaidh

Quote from: zenrat on October 12, 2020, 02:21:03 AM
<snip>

I usually have problems keeping white paint jobs clean.  I was carefull this time.
I used gloss white enamel with gloss acrylic clear over the top.  I gave up using enamel clear as it yellows like a lady dog.

Good to know, as well as the appliance paint tip.  :)  Thanks!  :)

NARSES2

My generation didn't discover Asterix until we were adults really, but I'm still a fan  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 12, 2020, 06:14:01 AM
My generation didn't discover Asterix until we were adults really, but I'm still a fan  :thumbsup:

I like make time to read the latest Asterix from the library - and some of the older titles, too.

Tintin's not such a favourite, but Lucky Luke is usually good for a smile or two.

DogfighterZen

Lucky Luke.  :o haven't heard that name for decades... Sure brings back some memories... How about Sport Billy? Remember him? ;)
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 13, 2020, 08:19:15 PM
Lucky Luke.  :o haven't heard that name for decades... Sure brings back some memories... How about Sport Billy? Remember him? ;)

Doesn't ring any bells - we probably didn't get it here.

Or it was buried in the early afternoon, before we got home from school.

Scotaidh

I used to eagerly await the next issue of Look and Learn, for their latest episode of The Trigan Empire

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Scotaidh on October 14, 2020, 01:42:46 AM
I used to eagerly await the next issue of Look and Learn, for their latest episode of The Trigan Empire.

+1

And the serial towards the end was usually good, too - I especially liked the WW1 air story - but then I was a big Biggles fan in those days.