AMP Models

Started by Dizzyfugu, September 21, 2020, 12:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I've got one of those too.................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Old Wombat

Don't worry, Zac, it's because Kit's been collecting kits since everything (even people) had to be moulded from clay. :rolleyes:

Ever wondered about the weird & wonderful fossil finds in the UK? ..... Kit's what-ifs! ;D

Pterosaurs? Kit's first venture into "longer wings"! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

You guys crease me up.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll have you know my first 'scale' model builds were Veron 'solids', the ones where you got slabs of balsa and pine and had to carve them into a shape that looked almost like an aeroplane. Sometimes I even succeeded too.  ;D

My first plastic kit was a Lindberg B-17, in the ever popular 1/64 scale, this one :-

which I proudly carried back from the LMS on the bus sometime in 1957.

My Dad was very scathing about it, saying 'All the work's already been done for you boy!'  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Mossie

1/72 Keldysh sub-orbital bomber, follow on from their Silbervogel kit.

You cannot view this attachment.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

A Sanger with added tips jets?  :o

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Ramjets to boot.  :thumbsup: The Soviets were very interested in Sängers design and upgraded it as they felt it needed more power.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

1/72 North American LRV (Lenticular Reentry Vehicle).

The cut-out section was an escape capsules, so I guess that builds up into its own mini model.

I'm liking these spaceplane releases, interested to see what they do next.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235098892-172-north-american-lenticular-reentry-vehicle-lrv-by-amp-3d-rendersbox-artsprues-release-soon/

NARSES2

Somehow I have an image in my mind of that nuclear warhead system bouncing off the back of the "fuselage". My brain says "missiles and bombs etc are hung onto or placed into the undersides of the delivery system and drop out/off" Old fashioned I suppose  :angel:

The kit does look nice though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 03, 2023, 03:20:22 AMSomehow I have an image in my mind of that nuclear warhead system bouncing off the back of the "fuselage". My brain says "missiles and bombs etc are hung onto or placed into the undersides of the delivery system and drop out/off" Old fashioned I suppose  :angel:

The kit does look nice though  :thumbsup:

Especially as you're British & the British put over-wing missile launchers on the Jaguar.

zenrat

I detest overwing hardpoints.
As ane fule kno the right place to hang stuff is underneath.   ;)

Maybe the bomb  bay is up top because the underneath is the heatshield which you don't want to put doors in.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

I would assume that the image is wrong.

The shuttles always rolled so that the heat shield faced away from Earth, so they "flew upside-down" & I see no reason why the LeRV wouldn't have done the same.

Mossie

PR19_Kit

As Womby suggested, the box art is upside down. And it's only got one weapons bay, whereas the vid shows two. But otherwise it's pretty close.

Regards
Kit

Mossie

All the drawings I've seen show a single weapons bay.  There may have been schemes with two, although there's issues with cooling the bays (the reason the shuttle flies upside down) so one makes sense.  It did sometimes fly right way up to cool down when in the earth's shadow (the bay doors acted as radiators), and the box top shows the bay in shadow, although I suspect it's a bit of artistic license to show the vehicles shape in relation to the earth.