AMP Models

Started by Dizzyfugu, September 21, 2020, 12:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Found an interesting whiffy/sci-fi/steampunk-ish model at ev!lbay, called "Victory 357 Hawk" - and it's supposed to be an "Ekranoplan", even though I do not see any similarity to a ground effect vehicle except for floats. Reminds me rather of a Vanship?

Item found here, pretty expensive  :-\:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Victory-357-Hawk-Ekranoplan-Secret-Project-AMP-72-010-1-72-scale/303682966865?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140725133649%26meid%3D8ab6243a2fbf4d66a7314f2ae4a40f3c%26pid%3D100276%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D164337056725%26itm%3D303682966865%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2060778%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2060778.c100276.m3476

Old Wombat

Would be a good start on something similar to this:

More here (BtS): http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=9473.0
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

McColm

An Ekranoplan wouldn't be flying that high in the first place,  I'm no expert but it's the wrong type of cloud. The artwork is very convincing.

kerick

More like a van ship to me.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Quote from: kerick on September 21, 2020, 09:24:46 PM
More like a van ship to me.

The artist's page explains the 'ekranoplan' reference.
The three-view also makes it clearer:

Mossie

1/72 Sänger Silbervogel.  Previously mentioned as Mikro-Mir, it'll be released under the AMP label.
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235062206-172-silbervogel-by-mikromir-3d-rendersbox-art/
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

I have seen that  shape here and  there for a few years  now, it's  good to see someone jumping out of the same old same old  pool and doing something  completely different.  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

I'd like one, but it'll be big kit (around 15" long with an 8" span) and I expect a fairly heavy price tag to match.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

I wonder how difficult it would be to  put a canopy and landing gear on one :wacko:
Chris

Mossie

It should come with landing gear.  Some drawings have a raised tandem canopy so maybe they'll do it as an option?

I'm hoping they release the Keldysh bomber version with the big ramjets.  If not, shouldn't be too difficult to scratch up.

PR19_Kit

Didn't the original Sanger design have a retractable cockpit, or a droop snoot or something similar?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

Is the Sanger the one which would have launched like Fireball XL5? [Showing my age there :wacko:]
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

I believe so, a socking great ramp with an upturned end comes to mind.

Someone built a small scale diorama of a Sanger bomber at Telford one year, complete with the ramp, and it was about 2-3 ft long!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I wonder if a semi recessed  blue steel  missile would work with one of these,  it would have to be  launched  in the atmosphere though I dare say.