1:72 F-104G "26+40" in "Alberich" cammo, JG 71, Deutsche Luftwaffe, 1986

Started by Dizzyfugu, October 01, 2020, 12:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Madhatter on October 02, 2020, 07:21:09 PM
Somehow I managed to miss this one. That camo is absolutely awesome Dizzy! Really well applied and weathered
Your work never fails to disappoint - that's for sure.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Totally agree, that camo looks great!  :bow: :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ChernayaAkula

Another masterpiece!  :wub: Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous!
Lovely photography, too.
The "old-school" high-vis tip tanks really add to the overall look.  :thumbsup:

May have to steal this scheme.  :wacko:

Have you considered a Norm 81 Starfighter? Might be more difficult on the "blended" F-104 when compared to the "angular" F-4, but could work.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Dizzyfugu

Yes, but the Starfighter doesn't lend itself well to the complex Norm 81 scheme.
However, I have done a (modernized) MiG-21 from ex NVA stock in this guise - it has a better shape for a suitable adaptation:

1:72 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-21G; "24+17", JG 71 'Richthofen', Deutsche Bundesluftwaffe; Wittmundhafen, 1995 (Whif)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Captain Canada

Another gorgeous looking machine with super pics ! Love it......feels so real ! Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 06, 2020, 11:50:06 PM
Yes, but the Starfighter doesn't lend itself well to the complex Norm 81 scheme.
However, I have done a (modernized) MiG-21 from ex NVA stock in this guise - it has a better shape for a suitable adaptation:

1:72 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-21G; "24+17", JG 71 'Richthofen', Deutsche Bundesluftwaffe; Wittmundhafen, 1995 (Whif)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

That's a right looker too!  :wub: Works really well on the Fishbed.  :thumbsup: I guess the pronounced spine does help a lot.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Dizzyfugu

Yes. The Starfighter is too "simple" for the Norm 81 scheme. It would work, but look rather boring. The MiG-21's spine works much better, an Alpha Jet might match, too.

tahsin

Nice model, love the 104 most of the times but obviously there is a story involving the canopy?

chrisonord

A refreshing change to the usual  NMF that adorns  most  starfighters Dizzy, very nice  build  :thumbsup:
I have  an old Hasegawa  kit in the stash  and the only thing I can  think of  doing with it is put it in the bin ;D ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

buzzbomb

Wurgerman

Great build on the Starfighter, lovely looking MiG ! 🇩🇪🇩🇪

wurgerman !