MiG-8 Duck -- "Darkwing Duck"

Started by TheChronicOne, October 06, 2020, 10:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Right you are!!! I heard it was the BEST way to Shakespeare!   ;D     

I think TUC is my favorite Trek movie, come to think of it.   
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

I like TVH best.

Everytime we use a large car park Mrs z always says "remember where we parked".
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

;D  Ha!!!   That's awesome. I love nerds.  :angel: :wacko:

I often times say "Full power available" like in TSFS when I'm driving.  ;D

Sprue goo goes on today and I plan to get the nose gear painted. The other gear will go on and be painted along with the "main event" being that they are fixed and pretty stout. Not too worried about snapping those off.....    gotta get my air bladder shoved inside and also have to start dry fitting the main wings. Where they attach to the fuselage is VERY rough so I'm not so sure it'll just go on seamlessly..... 

Also starting to wonder about how to do the paint. It would be easy and quicker to just paint the entire thing black but some sort of camo might be nice. I also toyed with option of painting it all black but leaving the roof white (like certain law enforcement vehicles) so the people inside are being roasted alive during daylight hours.  That might look stupid, though. :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Neat looking ( strange ) little machine !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 25, 2020, 11:14:06 AM

I watched Animal House at an impressionable age and when driving will shout "RAMMING SPEED" whenever another car pulls out in front of me.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

This is going of the rails but I don't care. Here's one..... ever so often when things ice over I'll hit a wide open parking lot and start doing donuts and I'll holler out, "TOO BRAD, TOO FURIOUS!!!!!!1111"   :wacko:     Sometimes I think we're not adults, just overgrown children.

Mr. T!!!! Yes, it's a weird plane. I had to have it when I saw the kit. "No way I'm passing that up; how strange!!!!"
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 26, 2020, 10:43:46 AM
Sometimes I think we're not adults, just overgrown children.

Well, duh, OBviously! :rolleyes:

(Waddaya mean "sometimes"? :o)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Flyer

Quote from: zenrat on October 26, 2020, 04:15:48 AM

I watched Animal House at an impressionable age and when driving will shout "RAMMING SPEED" whenever another car pulls out in front of me.

LOL  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

nighthunter

Quote from: zenrat on October 26, 2020, 04:15:48 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 25, 2020, 11:14:06 AM

So glad I'm not the only one! 😂
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

TheChronicOne

Alright. This is progressing nicely although the tail end where the engine goes was all wonky. I probably could have helped matters my narrowing the cabin floor but oh well! It would be easy to blame myself in this situation but really, the parts should be moulded correctly. In fact, the wings were WAAAAAY off. I had to take a large wood file to them and even whittled away on the aircraft body itself before they would finally fit. Off by a good 2mm easy, perhaps more. Regardless, all this stuff is together and I've fixed most of the problems with the engine area. I now need to fill gaps on the wings then time to get the main gear on I suppose.

Also... the paint job is starting to form up in my mind and I now have a pretty darn good idea of how I want to do it. The beauty of it is if I'm not liking it..... it's really easy to just paint over it with black and just call it a day but I do hope the interesting option works.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the experiment with pneumatic masking or "pneumasking" didn't work. The glove finger simply wasn't long enough to be able to hold, inflate, and then tie off. But... turns out, just shoving it inside worked out quite well! I will re-visit the inflatable masking in the future on something larger. Some of them skinny party balloons might work quite well. Doesn't hurt to experiment!
-Sprues McDuck-

JayBee

Ye Gods, that thing is tiny! At least given the gigantic LEGO figure beside it.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

JayBee

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 26, 2020, 10:43:46 AM
Sometimes I think we're not adults, just overgrown children.

/quote]

"Growing old is mandatory.
Growing up is optional!"

:rolleyes: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 01, 2020, 09:08:30 AM

EDIT: Oh yeah, the experiment with pneumatic masking or "pneumasking" didn't work.

A sponge works well, cut a chunk slightly larger than the gap and push it in.  It expands to the gap and Robert's your mother's brother!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: JayBee on November 01, 2020, 11:06:09 AM
Ye Gods, that thing is tiny! At least given the gigantic LEGO figure beside it.  :rolleyes:

;D

It's sooooooo small! On one hand it makes it "easy" but on the other, it makes some things rather tedious. Could be in the running for second smallest 1/72 thing I've made, behind the BD-5 and possibly the "Flying Ram." Coincidentally, the BD-5 is also German!
Quote from: Tophe on November 01, 2020, 11:11:11 AM
Nice unusual silhouette! :thumbsup:

You should pic up a couple of these and put your artistic flair on them !

Quote from: Mossie on November 01, 2020, 12:11:49 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 01, 2020, 09:08:30 AM

EDIT: Oh yeah, the experiment with pneumatic masking or "pneumasking" didn't work.

A sponge works well, cut a chunk slightly larger than the gap and push it in.  It expands to the gap and Robert's your mother's brother!

That's normally what I use but wanted to try an experiment on this one. About all Imanaged was to destroy a nitrile glove, though.  ;D  Well... I mean, it worked...... deflated...... but it was basically a waste of time. lol
-Sprues McDuck-