MiG-8 Duck -- "Darkwing Duck"

Started by TheChronicOne, October 06, 2020, 10:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 01, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
Quote from: Tophe on November 01, 2020, 11:11:11 AM
Nice unusual silhouette! :thumbsup:
You should pic up a couple of these and put your artistic flair on them !
Thanks! (yes, when the model is finished, a MiG-8Z zwilling may appear on my computer then here...) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

Far out!!   Cool.... I'll be sure to have this in mind when I set my angles for picture taking.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 02, 2020, 10:15:26 AM
I'll be sure to have this in mind when I set my angles for picture taking.  ;D
The more easy will/would be a picture from above or from front or slanting view at far distance (for not too much conical effect). 3 possibilities for an easy zwilling process... thanks to include one of them in your final collection. ;)

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Inching toward paint.... still.  ;D

I decided to go ahead and put the vertical stabilizers on now rather than later so that added some time but the rest of it all is ill-fitting and eating up time, too. In fact, to get those fins on, I had to yet again break out the heavy files and get into whittling down the parts to get them to actually fit. Goodness, it's as if there were completely different sets of people responsible for making individual parts or something. Like.... damn, dude, nothing fits. lmao  ;D   I don't care, though, it's such a neat subject and since it's so small it's not an overly taxing thing to do but... still..  the tolerances of parts that are supposedly designed to go together are laughable.

ANYWAY.... this is where we're at:

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Good! (especially if it was uneasy to build) :unsure: ;)

zenrat

Looks good Brad C.  Definitely "ducky".

:wub:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A very interesting looking 'device'.  :thumbsup:

I hesitate to call it an aeroplane, it's just SO bizarre!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

This thing looks like a student prank that made it into production. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

;D ;D

Totally with y'all. It's quite the ODD DUCK.

It's now slightly more interesting as I have the main gear on finally and she is ready for paint. The only things not on are the windows, pitot tube, nose gear, prop, and spinner.

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Good revival! :thumbsup:
(This thread had disappeared from the first page, and I was sad this model may have been given up) :unsure: :-\ ;)

TheChronicOne

No worries my friend! I am moving slowly but it's for enjoyable reasons this time and not bad ones.  :wub:   Definitely not going to let this one languish for long; she's on track.  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

AURI

Nice Build, this one is unique aircraft  :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Thank you!!

Yes, I am happy to build such an interesting subject. I'm glad Avis/Amodel make these types of things. They are challenging to build but being such interesting aircraft the time spent is paid back with the fun of building them.  :lol:   
-Sprues McDuck-