Folland wasp GR2

Started by chrisonord, October 10, 2020, 03:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This is a bigger  heavier  and super sonic  progression  of the Gnat.  Four 20 mm cannons are built in  to the fuselage  but 2 are usually  only fitted . Kit is the Hasegawa  tiger from way back.  If you  build one with the arrestor hook out like I have  it sits on it its that low, be reet.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NAnFfgfqiHWUb6K58
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HyZDds9Cm7dkzvfb7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TvpJwXdiQKhnwZSf8
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

buzzbomb

NARSES2

I've always liked the Tiger and the Hasegawa kit, built a couple of wiff versions but never thought of it as a air force rather than naval aircraft. Amazing how different that scheme makes it look. Great job Chris :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I'm a big fan of the Tiger, lots of unfilled potential.  Fills in well for a big Gnat.  :thumbsup:

As a direct competitor to the F-104, the Super Tiger might well have entered service with several air force's had things been different.  Grumman were in the UK trying to push it to the RAF on the day the 57 white paper was announced, putting paid to that.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

AeroplaneDriver

Nice idea.  Always thought there was much more than a passing resemblance between the Gnat and Tiger. Folland/Hawker had some big plans for the Gnat family that never came to pass unfortunately. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Paper Kosmonaut

The similarities are clear. Never thought of it before, though. But it looks great!
dei t dut mout t waiten!

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Thankyou everyone , I  thought that it had s passing resemblance to  something  Folland would  make.  I  was tempted to put extra  pylons on it  and perhaps put a pair of  sidewinders on it.
Chris

dwomby

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Paper Kosmonaut on October 10, 2020, 08:43:23 AM
The similarities are clear. Never thought of it before, though. But it looks great!

Same here, too. I like the idea - eventually an idea for a Hasegawa Tiger in the stash...  ;)

DogfighterZen

Have to agree with everyone else, it does look like a Gnat evolution. Nice one, Chris!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

chrisonord

Thankyou everyone  really appreciate your  input  :thumbsup:
Chris