Main Menu

The Captured G.B. - The Rules

Started by NARSES2, October 12, 2020, 06:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Does the submission item have to be forcibly taken over/captured? How about cases like the dissolution of the Soviet Union, when lots of equipment ended up in foreign (and not always "friendly" teritory)?

Hobbes

QuoteDoes the submission item have to be forcibly taken over/captured?

Yes. The Soviet dissolution is an edge case: there were negotiations about the equipment. This was more like selling secondhand equipment than a forcible takeover.

Dizzyfugu

Dizzyfugu

The time has come to open the "Finished Builds" section, please  :lol:.

And I wonder why the "General Discussion" thread has been closed?

TomZ

Both unlocked.

Not sure why the discussion one was locked.

It figures that Dizzy is the first one to want to post a finished build  ;) ;)

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

As usual...  ;D Thank you very much!  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TomZ on November 08, 2020, 03:49:25 AM

It figures that Dizzy is the first one to want to post a finished build  ;) ;)

So what else is new?  ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Ooops apologies on both accounts

I should have opened the Finished Builds and the closing of the General Discussion thread may well have been down to my misbehaving mouse  :angry:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

STOP THE PRESS!

What about interned aircraft? As an example, Portugal operated a Sunderland that was interned after alighting there, fuel exhausted after fighting its way through a fierce storm.

I have a cunning plan... Or two...
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

TomZ

I would say that interned aircraft classify as captured

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Dizzyfugu

That might work well for Sweden and Switzerland, too, several aircraft landed there in WWII and occasionally pressed into service.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

loupgarou

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 24, 2020, 02:21:51 AM
That might work well for Sweden and Switzerland, too, several aircraft landed there in WWII and occasionally pressed into service.

Sweden used one or more interned B-17 as airliner(s) at the end of the war. A "civilian" capture is contemplated in the GB?  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

The Rat

Quote from: TomZ on November 24, 2020, 01:07:10 AM

TomZ

Since you're one of the moderators I will take that as a YES!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Quote from: TomZ on November 24, 2020, 01:07:10 AM

TomZ

That may well help me  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.