The Captured G.B. - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, October 12, 2020, 06:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: zenrat on October 13, 2020, 03:40:57 AM
Pirates.  I hadn't thought of that.  Obviously all pirate craft were captured from someone at some stage.
I feel a Sky Pirates build coming up.

Quote from: loupgarou on October 12, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
Are items different from the usual - boring - aircraft allowed?
For example, a Ferrari racing car captured by the dastardly mercedes thugs and rebadged by them?

There are other non-violent options.  Military vehicles captured by the Légion Pacifiste Internationale, disarmed, and painted in psychedelic floral patterns for example.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing any and all models, and I don't want to sound like the stick in the mud...but this sounds like drifting into a "Swords Into Ploughshares" theme...I'm not sure how these pacifists would "capture" the military vehicles...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on October 13, 2020, 11:49:05 PM
Pirates.  I hadn't thought of that.  Obviously all pirate craft were captured from someone at some stage.
I feel a Sky Pirates build coming up.

Quote from: loupgarou on October 12, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
Are items different from the usual - boring - aircraft allowed?
For example, a Ferrari racing car captured by the dastardly mercedes thugs and rebadged by them?

There are other non-violent options.  Military vehicles captured by the Légion Pacifiste Internationale, disarmed, and painted in psychedelic floral patterns for example.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing any and all models, and I don't want to sound like the stick in the mud...but this sounds like drifting into a "Swords Into Ploughshares" theme...I'm not sure how these pacifists would "capture" the military vehicles...

The Légion Pacifiste Internationale are not adverse to a spot of the old ultra violence if it helps them further their aim of world domination peace.  However they find most military vehicles are easilly separated from their operators following the application of scantily clad young ladies.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TomZ

Quote from: zenrat on October 14, 2020, 02:10:41 AM
The Légion Pacifiste Internationale are not adverse to a spot of the old ultra violence if it helps them further their aim of world domination peace.  However they find most military vehicles are easilly separated from their operators following the application of scantily clad young ladies.

Will your entry include these ladies then?

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

Let me have your address and i'll send them round...

I wasn't planning to build anything captured by the LPI but the more I think about it the more tempted I am.

So far I have one build planned - something Japanese captured by the Soviets while in nazi service and then re-engined.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

However they find most military vehicles are easilly separated from their operators following the application of scantily clad young ladies.

I was going to say exactly the same thing, that and beer  ;)

Whilst the method wasn't used to capture anything in my experience it was used to gain access to places on the odd occasion  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Would a purely fictional conflict be an allowable scenario for such a model?

I don't really fancy doing an almost predictable 'Japanese fighter with stars and bars', or a 'Spitfire with a swastika' type of model, I'd like to do something more 'off the wall', with some hefty plastic engineering involved.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 14, 2020, 09:08:43 AM

Yes, a fictional conflict is allowed, see rule 2:

So conflict can be between countries or armed fractions, in any age and time (past and future).

TomZ

Hobbes

I don't really fancy doing an almost predictable 'Japanese fighter with stars and bars', or a 'Spitfire with a swastika' type of model, I'd like to do something more 'off the wall', with some hefty plastic engineering involved.

let's see, the Shah of Persia had a Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud. During the Iran-Iraq war, this was captured at one of the Shah's country homes. It was fitted with armor plating and used for raids. You could almost reuse your previous build :wacko:

TomZ

Or:

The Rolls Royce factory was captured by BMW and they started to build cars there...
Oh. no. That's real world.......

TomZ

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on October 14, 2020, 09:43:40 AM

let's see, the Shah of Persia had a Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud. During the Iran-Iraq war, this was captured at one of the Shah's country homes. It was fitted with armor plating and used for raids. You could almost reuse your previous build :wacko:

He did, and a Phantom too! But I'm not building another one of those Minicraft kits, it weighs FAR too much, the styrene is over 1 mm thick!

Quote from: TomZ on October 14, 2020, 09:55:44 AM
Or:

The Rolls Royce factory was captured by BMW and they started to build cars there...
Oh. no. That's real world.......

Grrrrrrrr, so it is, darn it. :(

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll get my brain going (what there is of it anyway....)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

<...> Military vehicles captured by the Légion Pacifiste Internationale, disarmed, and painted in psychedelic floral patterns for example.

<...> The Légion Pacifiste Internationale are not adverse to a spot of the old ultra violence if it helps them further their aim of world domination peace.  However they find most military vehicles are easilly separated from their operators following the application of scantily clad young ladies.
I don't know what exactly it is you're having, but I'm sure Radish had the same. Lots of it.  :drink:

Not that there's anything wrong with it. Carry on.  :mellow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

zenrat

I have just remembered I do have some 1/72 white metal scantily clad young ladies by Elheim Figures in my stash.  So they may well put in an appearance...
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TomZ on October 14, 2020, 09:15:16 AM

Yes, a fictional conflict is allowed, see rule 2:

So conflict can be between countries or armed fractions, in any age and time (past and future).

While grovelling through The Loft today I found a perfect candidate for a RW 'captured' Whiff, if you see what I mean.

One that would fit into a RW conflict I mean, so I may go down that route rather than invent an alternative conflict.

Presumably I can change things like engines, and add gun turrets etc, can I?

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 15, 2020, 01:35:53 AM
I have just remembered I do have some 1/72 white metal scantily clad young ladies by Elheim Figures in my stash.  So they may well put in an appearance...

Flesh colours ? By far the most difficult part of figure painting, but the research could be fun in this case. "Honestly love, I was just trying to get the muscular tones right"  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.