The Captured G.B. - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, October 12, 2020, 06:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

The French operated Panthers Post war so you could have one of theirs captured and used against them - Maybe a Vietnamese Panther or Malagasy .

Sport21ing

Quote from: tigercat on November 08, 2020, 11:31:00 AM
The French operated Panthers Post war so you could have one of theirs captured and used against them - Maybe a Vietnamese Panther or Malagasy .

IDK if the terrain and lack of spares would help the operation of the tank + the Panther 75mm might not be good against infantry targets
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

frank2056

The French used some Japanese Type 89B Chi Ho and Type 95 Ha Go tanks in Indochina.

NARSES2

My second planned build will be Indo-China based, but 1940's time period.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tigercat

Maybe Algeria then Captured during troubles thete

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 09, 2020, 07:10:47 AM

I have a good idea what you have planned after our chat the other day.  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2020, 10:57:32 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 09, 2020, 07:10:47 AM

I have a good idea what you have planned after our chat the other day.  ;)

It was that chat that got me thinking Nick  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

What if a rival train company found a disused 'Midland Blue Pullman ' DMU and painted it in their own colours or colours of a bygone era? I have an old Tri-ang blue Pullman and a Tri-ang Pullman car number 79 that I can use as a reference.

sideshowbob9

^ Main problem I see with that is until the mid/late-90s, there are no "rival companies". By that time Blue Pullmans are hopelessly obsolete unless it was obtained by a heritage operator, which then wouldn't really be "rival" to the big railway. Unless you do away with nationalization, in which case the world gets a bit more oyster-like.  :thumbsup:

Of course, now I've got an image of piratical railways, with trains pulling up broadside and boarding each other at speed and former joint lines becoming killing grounds. No siding would ever be safe again!  :wacko:

Edited to add: Only Gresley A4s would be invulnerable!  :wacko: :wub:

McColm

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on November 12, 2020, 02:06:35 AM
^ Main problem I see with that is until the mid/late-90s, there are no "rival companies". By that time Blue Pullmans are hopelessly obsolete unless it was obtained by a heritage operator, which then wouldn't really be "rival" to the big railway. Unless you do away with nationalization, in which case the world gets a bit more oyster-like.  :thumbsup:

Of course, now I've got an image of piratical railways, with trains pulling up broadside and boarding each other at speed and former joint lines becoming killing grounds. No siding would ever be safe again!  :wacko:

So that's a no brainer then,  I'm still going to paint it in the cream and umber brown in a similar style to the Brighton Belle.

sideshowbob9

^ Well (with all due respect to modern tractioneers) cream and brown is the proper colour scheme for all Pullmans!

tigercat

You could go the Titfield Thunderbolt root and have railways versus road transport

Maybe captured coaches (bus variety )could be fitted with Bogies and captured rolling  stock turned into trailers ?

Weaver

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on November 12, 2020, 02:06:35 AM

Somewhere in this forum's past is a splendid discussion of pirate trams, and I still have some models in my stash, bought with it in mind... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on November 12, 2020, 01:33:09 AM

What if a rival train company found a disused 'Midland Blue Pullman ' DMU and painted it in their own colours or colours of a bygone era? I have an old Tri-ang blue Pullman and a Tri-ang Pullman car number 79 that I can use as a reference.

In a 'reverse history' sort of way, the Blue Pullmans have just been re-invented by LSR, who've repainted one of their HST sets in a Blue Pullman scheme and 'luxury-ised' the interiors. They plan to run it as a high end tour train, as soon as the lockdown ends of course.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

One of the private restoration rail companies have repainted a few Mk4 coaches in the cream and brown Pullman colours with a pair of Class 47 locomotives.