The Captured G.B. - General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, October 12, 2020, 06:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Sport21ing on November 08, 2020, 11:20:15 AM
I already know that, but just as imagine: "Former Nazi (Now Soviet-operated) FW-190D-9's intercepting a japanese bomber formation of B-17 Furarinyu Furoterese over Kuril"
Fixed that for you. :wacko:

Sport21ing

Quote from: Snowtrooper on November 12, 2020, 12:37:16 PM
Quote from: Sport21ing on November 08, 2020, 11:20:15 AM
I already know that, but just as imagine: "Former Nazi (Now Soviet-operated) FW-190D-9's intercepting a japanese bomber formation of B-17 Furarinyu Furoterese over Kuril"
Fixed that for you. :wacko:

LOL, thx  ;D
My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

Joe C-P

Speaking of "captured" trains, a few years ago I boarded my usual NJ Transit train only to find myself in a Maryland Public Transit car.   Quite the mental disconnect.  I asked the conductor, whom I knew of long year commuting, if they had crab chowder available in the dining car.
Consider rival commuting companies that capture one another's cars to make up a train, with the original logo partially or badly painted over.

Someday I do plan to build an orange '69 Dodge Charger with a great big American flag on top and more on the hood, trunk, and sides along with the name "General Grant" in big letters.

Right now the hobby room is all packed up so I won't be in this build.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JoeP on November 15, 2020, 05:30:57 AM

Someday I do plan to build an orange '69 Dodge Charger with a great big American flag on top and more on the hood, trunk, and sides along with the name "General Grant" in big letters.

That'll make you LOTS of friends, but not south of the Mason-Dixon Line..... ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 15, 2020, 06:16:22 AM
Quote from: JoeP on November 15, 2020, 05:30:57 AM

That'll make you LOTS of friends, but not south of the Mason-Dixon Line..... ;D

Didn't we have a discussion some time ago on this very topic?

I have in mind a Jaguar XJ12 in deep blue, with a white ensign on the roof with the name Admiral Cunningham..........or perhaps an Austin 1100 in claret and dark blue with a Salvation Army  flag on the roof called the General Booth.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Holden HQ Monaro, in green and gold.  Eureka flag on the roof and named Field Marshal Monash.
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

The  Blohm &Voss  BV-138 would be an interesting build as three were BV-138Cs surrendered at Kastrup-See and transferred to the Marine Aircraft Experimental Establishment at Felixstowe at the end of 1945. I did have the 1/72 kit in the stash but I don't know what I have done with it.

SleeperService

Quote from: McColm on November 16, 2020, 03:54:00 AM
The  Blohm &Voss  BV-138 would be an interesting build as three were BV-138Cs surrendered at Kastrup-See and transferred to the Marine Aircraft Experimental Establishment at Felixstowe at the end of 1945. I did have the 1/72 kit in the stash but I don't know what I have done with it.

Sounds good to me dastardly German planes in RAF colours is always worthwhile.

Actually on a related note has there ever been a book/site about these captured/interned aircraft evaluated by the RAF? I can see some potential for some mischief  :lol:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: SleeperService on December 15, 2020, 02:22:50 AM

Actually on a related note has there ever been a book/site about these captured/interned aircraft evaluated by the RAF? I can see some potential for some mischief  :lol:

Eric 'Winkle' Brown's memoirs will give you a list of 'types' he flew, though some were only in Europe, at the end of the war, and just for personal amusement.
And he was RN, not RAF - but it's a start.

Mischief/confusing JMNs is always a valid reason for shenanigans...  ;D

Mossie

Here's Eric Brown's book, "Wings of the Luftwaffe"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wings-Luftwaffe-Captain-Eric-Brown/dp/1853104132

I believe there was another book on 1426 (Enemy Aircraft) Flight but it seems to be out of print.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

loupgarou

Quote from: SleeperService on December 15, 2020, 02:22:50 AM
Quote from: McColm on November 16, 2020, 03:54:00 AM

Sounds good to me dastardly German planes in RAF colours is always worthwhile.

If you broaden a bit the range, there are a few:

Ricco P Soumille J-C   Les avions allemands aux couleurs francaises Tome 1      Airdoc      1997
Ricco Philippe   Les avions allemands aux couleurs francaises Tome 2      Lela                           1997
Stapfer Hans-Heiri   Strangers in a strange land      Squadron   1988
Alexandrov A. Petrov G.   Die deutschen Flugzeuge in russischen und sowietischen Diensten Band 1         Flugzeug
Alexandrov A. Petrov G.   Die deutschen Flugzeuge in russischen und sowietischen Diensten Band 2         Flugzeug
Jackiewicz J Fleischer S   Japanese Aircraft in Foreign Service Volume 1      Kecay
Gordon Y. Komissarov S.   German aircraft in the Soviet Union and Russia      Midland   2008
Stapfer HH Kunzle G   Strangers in a strange land vol II      Squadron   1992
Butler Phil   War prizes         Midland   1998
Butler Phil   War Prizes The Album      Midland   

Even from the opposite side
Roba Jean-Louis   BeuteFlugzeuge Les appareils etrangers au sein de la Luftwaffe      De Krijger   2008
Nowarra Heinz J.   Waffen Ars. 71 fremde Vogel unterm Balkenkreuz      Podzun-Pallas   1981
Garello Giancarlo   Ali straniere in Italia 6 Prede di guerra      Bancarella aeronautica      2007   
Gordon Y. Komissarov S.   US aircraft in the Soviet Union and Russia         Midland   2008

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

SleeperService

WOW!!  :o :thumbsup:

That's my Christmas list sorted. Thank You. Looks like plenty of scope for mischief there. Just ordered the West book (via a mate) who has got the other two mentioned so I'm set for my current project. Looks like I have plenty more to go at too.