CAC CA-14B Sea Wallaby

Started by Old Wombat, October 12, 2020, 07:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Rat on December 26, 2020, 02:27:13 PM
Not normally a fan of luftstuffe, but the way you've cobbled those bits together with the Boomerang is sheer artistry! Looks so natural that people could easily be fooled into wondering what's what, or where one leaves off and the other begins.  :thumbsup:

Luftstuffe? :unsure:

Luftstuffe?? :o

This ain't luftstuffe! This is RANstuff*, matey! ;D

PS: Canopy is almost fixed, just need to find something to dip it in, now, that won't strip the paint or shred the clear styrene. :-\

[*: intentional omission of the Germanic "e" at the end]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: rickshaw on December 26, 2020, 01:59:33 AM
Colour is a difficult thing to tell correctly on a PC screen.  I'd go with what you have.  It looks OK to me and remember, in real life it would be subject to all sorts of lighting tricks.   :thumbsup:

I think so, too. Personally, I'd give the model my standard black ink washing treatment, this dampens the colors a bit, but it does not look bad and I'd stick whit it before you do (more) damage with correction attempts. From my experience, this frequently backfires. The light tone could also be the effect of sun bleaching? I'd weather the model a bit, and that should look pretty natural.

The Rat

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 27, 2020, 03:18:33 AM
Quote from: The Rat on December 26, 2020, 02:27:13 PM
Not normally a fan of luftstuffe, but the way you've cobbled those bits together with the Boomerang is sheer artistry! Looks so natural that people could easily be fooled into wondering what's what, or where one leaves off and the other begins.  :thumbsup:

Luftstuffe? :unsure:

Luftstuffe?? :o

This ain't luftstuffe! This is RANstuff*, matey! ;D

PS: Canopy is almost fixed, just need to find something to dip it in, now, that won't strip the paint or shred the clear styrene. :-\

[*: intentional omission of the Germanic "e" at the end]

;D :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

Main marking decals applied. :D

50+ "stencils" to go! :-\

The gloss coat seems to have darkened the grey, albeit slightly. :thumbsup:

Hope to have her finished before midnight on 31/01/2020 ... Wish me luck! ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 28, 2020, 02:31:13 AM

Hope to have her finished before midnight on 31/01/2020 ... Wish me luck! ;)

Best of luck mate  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Have fun with them stencils. lol   BETTER YOU THAN ME.  ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

:o :o :o

As my time-machine is broken, I'll have to try for 31/12/2020.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Old Wombat

Too many bleedin' stencils! :banghead:

Definitely not going to be finished by my deadline. :-\

NARSES2

That's the problem with deadlines, they tend to lead to disappointment. I try not to set them anymore, but tend to fail, even if I do call them "targets"  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Well, I was hoping, if I finished by the 31st, that someone might find her worthy of a Whiffie nomination & she'd be eligible for the 2021 Whiffie Awards vote.

Now, at best, I'm looking at 2022 (assuming someone thinks she's worthy, that is).

:angel: ;)

Old Wombat

Progress is happening! :thumbsup:

44 stencil decals applied*, first round of weathering done (chipping) & protective gloss coat down.

I'll be doing stains & oil leaks tonight.

Cockpit glazing is going to be .... C-grade at best, as I had another stuff up & fix-up. Some parts of a kit really don't have much luck! :-\

[*: Approximately 4 stencil decals destroyed whilst trying to get the tiny, extremely thin little buggers on & 56 left on the decal sheet because I couldn't be arsed trying to do any more.]

PS: Maybe it's time for another sacrifice to the Modelling Gods?  :unsure:

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 03, 2021, 11:28:17 PM

[*: Approximately 4 stencil decals destroyed whilst trying to get the tiny, extremely thin little buggers on & 56 left on the decal sheet because I couldn't be arsed trying to do any more.]

I'm impressed you got 44 on  :thumbsup: 20's about my limit

Old Wombat

Thanks, gents! :thumbsup:

Chris: Yeah, well, I pushed myself hard to get those 44 on but I thought it needed them to boost the realism factor a touch. ;)

NARSES2

Sometimes stencils can make a model, but they can also swamp a model, especially in 1/72 scale and particularly where some more modern types are concerned.

Having just received a Covid circular from my local council which is printed in 15 languages I was just wondering what an aircraft would look like if the same law regarding public information was applied to their stencils ?  :rolleyes: