CAC CA-14B Sea Wallaby

Started by Old Wombat, October 12, 2020, 07:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 04, 2020, 03:03:56 PM
This is looking great as expected, take your time, mate. :thumbsup:

Can't, it's for a GB on BtS & I've already asked for a 2 week extension, which has been granted & which ends on the 14th of December.

NINE DAYS :o to get this baby finished!

Quote from: rickshaw on December 04, 2020, 04:36:34 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on December 04, 2020, 07:44:02 AM
Half way on the exhaust pipes. I find I can get three done, then I have to take a break because of the build up of frustration & anger at how difficult it can be to get a few bits of copper wire to do what you want. :banghead:

Reason why I don't do 1/48 scale mate.  Too much detail.   :banghead:

I should have gone for a flaps closed option but, to my mind, it'd look wrong sitting on the deck like that. :-\

Of course, if I'm really honest, it's only me & show judges who would give a damn whether I put in the full exhaust pipes or not (& I don't really care what show judges want).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 04, 2020, 07:08:12 PM
...it's only me & show judges who would give a damn whether I put in the full exhaust pipes or not (& I don't really care what show judges want).

You are your own most important customer, and the customer is always right (even when they are wrong).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 05, 2020, 02:26:36 AM

You are your own most important customer, and the customer is always right (even when they are wrong).

The Whiffer's Mantra #2.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 05, 2020, 03:50:04 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 05, 2020, 02:26:36 AM

The Whiffer's Mantra #2.  :thumbsup:

Yup! :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Real Life has been interfering with Whif Life & I've fallen far enough behind that I'm more than certain that this won't be finished by the 14th (the end-date for the GB I'm building it for).

However, for those of you who seem to be keen to see this finished ... So am I, so I'll be working on this until it's done, although the lead into Christmas may slow things down a bit*.

Tonight I got the engine & cowling glued on but there's a fair whack of PSR needed to get things smoothed out, which I'll start on tomorrow after work.

*: See? The Real World just can't stop getting in the way of the important stuff! :banghead:

TheChronicOne

Well... rats. But....... all this sounds so familiar and par for the year...   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Well, for me, the Invasion of Japan/Japan '46 GB is over & I failed to complete my build. :(

But! These things happen & life goes on. ;)

Anyway, here are the pictures of where I was at at 2359hrs, local time;

I'll be continuing with this build, anyway; so no need to panic! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

I still want to know how people manage to keep their cutting boards so clean, mines filthy ! It's magic, it has to be  ;)

Those photos of all the primed parts waiting patiently on the board are neat  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 14, 2020, 06:29:20 AM
I still want to know how people manage to keep their cutting boards so clean, mines filthy ! It's magic, it has to be  ;)

Those photos of all the primed parts waiting patiently on the board are neat  :thumbsup:

Don't panic, Chris! ;D

That's my photography mat, the other mats are covered in paint, glue, putty, blood ...  :unsure: ... & are, especially at the moment, covered in more crap than you could imagine!

Currently the mess is the worst it's ever been. I usually take a break after each build to clean up & tidy the workspace but I haven't really had a break between the last 3 or 4 builds & it really shows! :-\ :banghead:

NARSES2

Ah right, reassuring to hear  ;D

Must admit I haven't tidied my board/bench in a while and it desperately needs it. Hopefully before 2021  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Looking forward to see some paint on it!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 14, 2020, 06:40:28 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 14, 2020, 06:29:20 AM

Don't panic, Chris! ;D

That's my photography mat, the other mats are covered in paint, glue, putty, blood ...  :unsure: ... & are, especially at the moment, covered in more crap than you could imagine!

Currently the mess is the worst it's ever been. I usually take a break after each build to clean up & tidy the workspace but I haven't really had a break between the last 3 or 4 builds & it really shows! :-\ :banghead:

Don't know about that.  I can imagine a LOT of crap.  I did used to work at the sewage farm after all... ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Old Wombat

Camo paint is on & masking is off & ... I'm a bit disappointed. :-\

I based the scheme loosely on the Hellcat scheme above but with different colours &, although they looked good on the test scrap of styrene, they just look too light (mostly) & just, well, wrong.

It's probably one of those "scale" things with colours, like paint swatches can look great laid out on the table but, once the room's painted, they look like crap.

I'll put up photo's later &, hopefully, you guys can come up with something to assist (without involving a complete re-paint). :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 17, 2020, 01:24:36 AM

It's probably one of those "scale" things with colours, like paint swatches can look great laid out on the table but, once the room's painted, they look like crap.

Tell me about it  :banghead:

And yet sometimes what doesn't look right can be rectified by some quite simple changes. Colour and visualisation is an extremely odd thing.